Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the car is stock hight right now i have 17 inch motegis on the car right now if i drop it 2 inches do you think the tires will rub?

·
Registered
838 Posts
I think you'll be fine with a 2" drop.. You may even be able to squeak by with 2.25", but shouldn't have to worry about rubbing until you get to the 2.5"/2.75" range.

Here's what you're looking at (roughly). My lude is running a 205/40/17...aka off roading status, haha. The red lude (dk4ever) is also on 17s w/ a 2" drop--He looks to be running a 45series, but I'm not sure..

EDIT:
http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/9757/p1000473iq8.jpg
^^This is a better angle, but I don't have the host link.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Depends on how wide your tire is bro! The best way to tell is drop it and turn your tire to see! Thats what I say! LOL

But more than likely you will drop it 2'in. and you should still be left with an inch or so of clearence on your wheel well,

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
i dont know how people in the city drop there ludes ... lol some crazy streets with potholes and shit
yeah i have a hudge problem as it is at stock height with 17's lol then again i have low profiles so the 17s are same size as the 15's lol

·
Registered
655 Posts
dump your lude... go low or go home!!! lol...

on a serious note... 1.5 - 2 inches is fine...

Im on 17" 215/45/17 rear 215/40/17 front... and im like a little over 2 inch drop... i get camber wear, but the guys over here think im 4x4 status :'(

heres a ref. pix

1 - 10 of 10 Posts