Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just like it says, how many of you actually got around the front engine mount with your setup? and what did you do? i REALLY dont want to have to make all the rest of my mounts solid its a pain in the ass but i guess you gotta do what you gotta do.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
All of my mounts are still intact and filled with urethane. I fabricated my manifold so I could keep most of the mount in place and functioning. I just had to take an air saw and angle grinder to a portion of it....just a trimming.

·
Registered
435 Posts
i think i am going to have to do that too, to my engine mount. the t3 is just so big with that alternator in the way.. and a massive wastegate actuator.

·
Registered
3,866 Posts
The full ludespeed ludespeed kit had a part that replaced the mount. Its all going to depend on how the manifold sits. If it wasn't designed to take in acount fitment issuses, then your going to have problems.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ive just bought a slipslap log manifold off a guy on this forum and ill be modifing it for an external wastegate, ill be using a t3 t4 what do you guys think?

·
REST IN PEACE
16,451 Posts

·
Registered
5,149 Posts
yeah but seriously, you can get a manifold or have one made that can retain the front mount, I was able to on my car, and in all honesty out of all the mounts I would want that front mount and to be especially urethane filled like it is now. So I would really shy away from eliminating it.

·
Premium Member
2,144 Posts
i kept the front

·
Premium Member
444 Posts
All mounts 99% intact and in place. Had to grind about 1/8" off the top edge of the front mount, but thats it. If we ever go with a larger Turbo big 16, 18 etc we might have to shave a bit more but its still in place with no sacrifice to strength.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
going back to my previous post. I bought the slip slap manifold and i want to put an external waste gate on it cause ill be running a to4e (t3t4) with the slip slap mani do you think that i will encounter problems with fitment if i leave my frount mount in? is it the downpipe that everyone is having problems with or is it the turbo itself.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
I don't have experience with his manifold but if I were to guess I would say it's most likely the turbo and not the downpipe that would interfere with the front mount.

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
i have my front motor mount in with the ludespeed bracket, But my rear motor mount in taken out!

·
Registered
435 Posts
playboyesq said:
going back to my previous post. I bought the slip slap manifold and i want to put an external waste gate on it cause ill be running a to4e (t3t4) with the slip slap mani do you think that i will encounter problems with fitment if i leave my frount mount in? is it the downpipe that everyone is having problems with or is it the turbo itself.
well it really depends on how you mound the turbo, most people here mount it with the compressor housing close tothe motor mountm and the downpipe close to the alternator. so in that case its the large compressor housing of the t3/t3 that will really get in the way of the motor mount.. that housing is pretty big...

·
Registered
35 Posts
I've kept all the standard mounts and radiator. I took out the air conditioning for the downpipes (I have a 3"main and a 1 3/4"wastegate pipe) The biggest problem was getting the pipes to fit under the motor

·
Registered
435 Posts
tonybaker12 said:
I'm using a Ludespeed front bracket also.
so is this ludespeed bracket a replacement for the front mount?? smaller?? i have never heard of this before so please excuse my ignorance...

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
ya ive been trying to search it but the server is always too busy

ya ive been trying to search it but the server is always too busy...pics ne one?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts