Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've got a third gen with a b21 that I'm rebuilding, and I was wondering how many different types of deletes that I can do? I know about a/c and power steering, but what else is there? Oh and I cant afford to do the wife and children delete. It's too expensive and just not worth it in the long run. Thanks in andvance for your suggestions.
Posted via Mobile

·
Registered
2,841 Posts
i took out, power steering, a/c, cruise control, vaccum box, charcol canister, relocated a few things just to clean it up a little bit, moved the battery to the trunk. stuff like that

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
cruise control.
passenger seating.
interior.
transmission.
engine.
lol

·
Premium Member
4,656 Posts
i took out, power steering, a/c, cruise control, vaccum box, charcol canister, relocated a few things just to clean it up a little bit, moved the battery to the trunk. stuff like that
how did you delete the vacuum box and charcoal canister? is that safe?

·
Premium Member
4,656 Posts
i thought the canister was necessary to remove unspent fuel vapor as well, thought i read somewhere this could cause explosion. think moto had something to say about it actually. almost positive anyways. i am all for cleaning up the engine bay, but safety first. lol

·
Registered
758 Posts
yea thats exactly what its for. So then is it just venting into your engine bay where the smallest spark could blow all your hard work to pieces??

·
Registered
73 Posts
yea thats exactly what its for. So then is it just venting into your engine bay where the smallest spark could blow all your hard work to pieces??
pretty sure it vents through a hose under the car. a quick google says its just there for emissions control.

SAUCE:

EVAPORATIVE CONTROLS

Gasoline evaporates quite easily. In the past, these evaporative emissions were vented into the atmosphere. 20% of all HC emissions from the automobile are from the gas tank. In 1970 legislation was passed, prohibiting venting of gas tank fumes into the atmosphere. An evaporative control system was developed to eliminate this source of pollution. The function of the fuel evaporative control system is to trap and store evaporative emissions from the gas tank and carburetor. A charcoal canister is used to trap the fuel vapors. The fuel vapors adhere to the charcoal, until the engine is started, and engine vacuum can be used to draw the vapors into the engine, so that they can be burned along with the fuel/air mixture. This system requires the use of a sealed gas tank filler cap. This cap is so important to the operation of the system, that a test of the cap is now being integrated into many state emission inspection programs. Pre-1970 cars released fuel vapors into the atmosphere through the use of a vented gas cap. Today with the use of sealed caps, redesigned gas tanks are used. The tank has to have the space for the vapors to collect so that they can then be vented to the charcoal canister. A purge valve is used to control the vapor flow into the engine. The purge valve is operated by engine vacuum. One common problem with this system is that the purge valve goes bad and engine vacuum draws fuel directly into the intake system. This enriches the fuel mixture and will foul the spark plugs. Most charcoal canisters have a filter that should be replaced periodically. This system should be checked when fuel mileage drops.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts

how do you remove the cruise control???
mine doesnt even work so i might as well delete it???
wat do i need to remove???

·
Registered
561 Posts
^^^
Just remove a couple of bolts and the couple of cables, also a believe there is a vacuum line or two.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
sunroof... well change it to cf would be nice
I think I saw somewhere on here where you can get one of those, if not, then you might be able to use a plexiglass type in place of glass. Plus if you get rid of the sunroof, it would drop about 60 plus lbs off. That thing is a mother to put in by yourself. I know, I've done it.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
and it would make your car less top heavy, which i believe is more important than overall weight reduction..

·
BAN ALL MODS!!!
2,149 Posts
and it would make your car less top heavy, which i believe is more important than overall weight reduction..
Its not as though our cars are extremely top heavy as it stands. I dont see anyone doing a rollover unless they decide to fly off a hill.

·
BAN ALL MODS!!!
2,149 Posts
In a way yes, because if the top isnt very top heavy, why bother with that delete when you can do several others first that cost much less than trying to create a plug to remove your window.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
so, removing weight from the top of your car doesnt remove weight from the top of your car?

·
BAN ALL MODS!!!
2,149 Posts
Going from what you said, Removing weight from the top is more important that overall weight reduction, I disagree with you. Since the car isnt top heavy why worry about removing the weight from the roof when you can remove it from else where. Yes, removing weight from the roof will make it lighter, but it isnt important to do so. Its also not very common for people to do this, as you have to create a plug. Not many people have the capability of doing this.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
making the car lighter isnt necessary either, but he wants to remove weight. and it couldnt hurt to remove the sunroof in-turn making the top lighter, right?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts