Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I hope you all had a good christmas, I know I did. My Brother and I spent Christmas Break painting his 95 SE and we are very pleased. I am going to be painting my hood and trunk lid tomorrow so I will try to do an actual write-up on it then. Oh yeah this is my first paint job and Trevor's Second (as you can tell by the trunk lid being 2 colors lol)

First up basically what we started with after a little prep sanding

After taping it off and a little Bondo magic

this is what it looked like after priming and my son Alex being silly

And this is what we ended up with we still have to wet sand it and put the front bumper on. there are a couple runs on the drivers side quarter but what can you expect for a first time paint job

I will try to get some better pics up tomorrow when we paint my hood and trunk lid I didn't have any batteries for my camera so I had to use my Blackberry

·
Registered
641 Posts
Home grown paint booth. I like. Can't wait to see more pic's.

·
Idiotic Thread Locker!
11,000 Posts
Not bad. What kind of gun are you using?

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I really don't know the specifics all I know is it is a DeVilBiss that my cousin borrowed from a body guy it is supposedly a $600 gun but I couldn't tell you much more than that I will see if i can find a part number or something. I just know that it is a good gun everybody that I was getting advice from that I told we were using a DeVilBiss said that it was a very good gun!? so I really don't know

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
i love the keg in one of those pictures rofl, good job I couldn't be bothered to paint it myself rather pay a professional to do it right how much did everything cost you and how long did it take?

·
Registered
518 Posts
love the DeVilBiss.
i'm using an optima 650i for jobs like that (german manufacture), but had to borrow another gun from a friend once and he gave me his DeVilBiss compact series for that day.
even the last redneck with no practice at all can do it right after a few minutes of adjustment.

you should put some closer shots so we can actually see in details how it turned.
looks good on those pictures, even great for a first time. :emthup:

just.... uhmmm...one little minus:
you could see the difference by doing things like that in a cleaner garage.
:wink3:
a few hours more of cleaning and preparing is worth the effort.

can't wait to see the front bumper.... now that's a pain in the ass. just be calm. many people hate that part the most (i'm one of them)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts