Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
aight i was looking around on po.com (even thoe im not a member, F*ck the 7 dollar enrollment thing) i saw this pic right here:

if u really think about it, it shouldnt be that hard to make, take three cheap ebay gauge pods (single ones), cut three holes in the dash piece, glue them in there, and then just mold them in there with bondo. am i wrong when i say that?? maby i should try it. the only problem i can think of is, making it look stock, spraypaint is gonna look to shiny, if only i can get my hands on some oem honda plastic... but my theory is correct no?

ohh and this is what they have a group buy on:

i think those vent gauges are so fugly and they want 500 bux for it:eek:mg:

·
Registered
734 Posts
Thats completely made from ABS plastic... NO bondo or any of that other junk that cracks and peels with sunlight and heat... Ive experienced it 1st hand way to many times... I guess go for it and try to make your own if you want.. But, its usually a much more intensive project that it appears to start down this road...

I think $500 is a little bit pricey... I couldnt see more than $200 for it, but at the same time the work that shop does is absolutely awesome...

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
how hard is it to mold abs plastic? oh and if they made vents like the 2 first pics, shit ide pay 200 for it... but the other one i wouldnt pay more then 50 bux for

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
u kno what, f it. im gonna buy some chepo single gauge pods off ebay and try to make this, i need new center vents anyway, myne look like shit. if it works it work, if it dont it dont

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
if it works out the way im thinking i think i can defently do it cheaper then 200.... where can i buy abs plastic to mold? or i might just try bondo first

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Fiberglass and paint it body color. Or try to find a paint that matches your interior... there's bound to be one.

·
12,918 Posts
djurchicprelude said:
if it works out the way im thinking i think i can defently do it cheaper then 200.... where can i buy abs plastic to mold? or i might just try bondo first
Instead of starting off and not knowing anything.. try learning something and starting off from there before making huge mistakes.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yeah but urs is like the one in the last pic i posted, i want to make one more like the first two pics

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ohhh, since u seem like u know what u doing i rather wait till u make the other one and buy it from your for a $100 then try it myself, when do u think u will be done makin the other one?

·
Wonder Bread
1,905 Posts
djurchicprelude said:
ohhh, since u seem like u know what u doing i rather wait till u make the other one and buy it from your for a $100 then try it myself, when do u think u will be done makin the other one?
oh lord ive got so many projects on the go but maybe in the next month or so but ive started a little bit on it (cutting the pods down and holes in dash)

EDIT: was it you that had the dirty engine bay DJ? if so click on the second lin gin my sig

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.