Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
this Q wasn't that important, I didnt mean to ask it so many times...

edit- ok my real question is how does the steering wheel bag deploy? through the center of the wheel and tear through the material, or does the material get pushed up, aside, or down, something like that? anyone have a pic of a deployed airbag?

·
HipHopHeadd
1,339 Posts
From what I have seen the steering wheel material basically splits upon and the bag comes out. Material from the wheel does not come out with the bag. It almost looks like the material on the wheel was cut with a razor blade or something and it opens like a flap so the bag can come out.

^ That probably didn't make much sense unless you have seen it but I tried.

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think I get a picture of it, it would make sense that it was maybe cut or something on the back side so it would be easy for the bag to tear through it... I know on newer cars the bags just bust through the dash, not like ours where its obvious where the bag is... guess I need to do some more research

·
Registered
8,281 Posts
it tears through.

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks dude, ruin my idea

·
HipHopHeadd
1,339 Posts
Boosted521 said:
it tears through.
Ity does tear through, but I think there is a weak point in the material so it always bust through at the same spot. Everyone I have seen always has a perfect tear in the material.

·
Wonder Bread
1,905 Posts
prylwd said:
Ity does tear through, but I think there is a weak point in the material so it always bust through at the same spot. Everyone I have seen always has a perfect tear in the material.
corect there is a weak spot on the very center of the wheel as you can feel when yoyu press or are mad and punch it

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
jesseunvoas said:
corect there is a weak spot on the very center of the wheel as you can feel when yoyu press or are mad and punch it
crazy bastard punching the airbag daring it to punch you back

·
Future S2000 Owner
4,419 Posts
How about we nominate a noob to go crash their Lude into a wall and then take some pics of how their airbag deployed so we can settle this?:devil: Or I guess you could always find one of the 100 or so "So I wrecked my Lude..." threads that have been posted over the last few months and ask one of them. If a noobie would like to step up and take one for the team though... I'm just kidding. That'd be a waste of a beautiful automobile. Maybe someone with a airbag equipped Cavalier Z24 would like to test it out.

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
hahaha, initiation guys. When we first got here we did the same thing, we promise.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.