Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The engine? lol... I need to know how to do it? I have taken everything off that basically will keep the engine there! All i need to know is there anything hooked to it like tranny differentcial ect...

So what i have taken off so far to take out engine, Radiator hoses, vaccumm lines, egr, air cleaner, power steering, almost all hoses!

Is there anything that i am missing? Or do i need to un-bolt the tranny or what? lol:upside:

* Also sorry if this dont make alot of sense, I am tired as hell and it sucks trying to think half asleep!

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
well im pretty sure youve got a big job ahead of you if you havnt done it before. ive always found it to be easier to pull the whole motor and trans together. you just have to disconect the shift linkage and the axles and it comes right out nice. is it a 2.0 FI or dual carb? also i hope you marked yoru vacuum lines

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Umm no i just left all those hoses to guess! lmao! Yeah i did, i am going to be replacing most of them because the are more than 20 years old and cracked up!

And it is a 85 honda prelude Dx Duel Carb 1.8, Almost everything is taken off and away from the engine the only thing left is the transmission! And yes it is a very big job for me i have never done something this big! So luckily i have all the tools to get me by!

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
well good job on the labeling. i used to just leave the whole box hooked up and flop it onto the top of the motor. then you have only a few lines. unless its a us model(poor bastards:( ) so ya your gonna need to drain your trans fluid(if your going to pull the whole thing wich i sugest for the ease of reinstall) and pull your axle stubs out of the trans. i pull the lower ball joint and this gives me the play i need to slide the axles out of the trans. youll want to wrap them up if its gonna be a while befor eyou put it back together. the shifter linkage needs to come off. one bolt from teh top through the linkage and one on the trans body for the stabalizer. hook up your lift and apply a small amount of lift on the motor. be carfull your chain doesnt come across anything breakable like vacuum valves and junk. then start taking your motor mount bolts out. left away slowly unitl the whole thing clears the fender and roll it out. kinda basic but not much more i can really tell ya. be carfull of the conectors and fittings and brake lines and pretty much everything lol. oh and you should probly take the rad out for two reasons. A you dont want to put the front motor mount through it and B it gives you more manouvering room. im assuming you have the exhaust off already. wich is prety straight forward. let me know if you gots any more q's

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
well you hopfully got the two bolt on the back of the block out of the exhaust. as for auto. you may have trans cooler lines to unhook. and the shifter cable comes off a differently. but basically the rest applies. the exhaust should drop enough to get the motor out.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah i think i know the two bolts that you are talking about! lol! And i am going to just pull out the motor tomarrow take off the head get it shipped out, then i am just going to do little things in the engine bay like replace some hoses and power wash, and paint some stuff!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts