Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

How do you remove the drivers interior door panel on the 4th GEN?

i need to change my window regulator on the driver side.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Remove all the screws located at the door handles, there is also one at the lock latch side of the door, and another one at the hinge area. Honestly you can buy a tool to remove it or you do what I did, use a flat head screwdriver to pop the cover off.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Guys

How do you remove the drivers interior door panel on the 4th GEN?

i need to change my window regulator on the driver side.
There are four screws to remove:

One is in the top-right corner close to where the door mirror is mounted. One is in the bottom left. A third is behind the interior door handle, and the last one is in the door grab. The last two are covered with small plastic covers which will break off if you are not careful.

Once you have removed all four screw, use your fingers to prize apart the panel from the door starting below the top-right screw location. Work your fingers slowly down toward the ground, then back along the door, and finally up around the door latch.

As you prize the panel away you will hear the plastic rivets pop. From memory there are about 14 of them. Be firm and patient, and all the rivets should pop without breaking.

Once the panel is loose, you can remove the window switch/door lock panel. Slowly work it loose. There are two electrical connectors behind it that you will need to unplug.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts