Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know some people get the jdm coin pocket and need to relocate them, and i think its a great spot for my future s2k starter button, but how do i relocate them to my center console? it doesnt look like they will fit the knock out plates in my 93 center console, does anyone know if it will work? what do i need to do to make it work? are there any other type of switches that will work in my center console?

·
Banned
1,118 Posts
i know some people get the jdm coin pocket and need to relocate them, and i think its a great spot for my future s2k starter button, but how do i relocate them to my center console? it doesnt look like they will fit the knock out plates in my 93 center console, does anyone know if it will work? what do i need to do to make it work? are there any other type of switches that will work in my center console?
as someone who has finally worked his way through this, you will need (assuming you have a 94+ console) an acura cl 97-99 switch for your sunroof (goes next to emergency flasher), an edm dimmer switch, and a jdm steering wheel with cruise control. that would be the best way to do it, and the cleanest way as well. youll need to extend all your wires, of course. you could always use the switchesyou have now and grind em down and such, but itll look like crap. it ended up costing me like $30 total, for the coin pocket $35, acura cl switch $20, edm dimmer $20, and im about the purchase the steering wheel $55, and sell my old one $100 with the airbag so it counteracts the price and makes it almost free. and it looks cleaner, IMO

·
Premium Member
3,207 Posts
Cutoff the connectors to the switches, and extend them to your console. I removed CC because I wanted to clean up my engine bay, so that switch isn't even needed. Sunroof, I used an Acura CL 97-99 sunroof switch and relocated it to where the OEM fog switch goes in 94+ consoles, and the Dimmer switch I used is from a JDM car same as EDM. No difference between the two. Here are pics from my car:

Well, my dash now, does include the JDM center speaker.

as someone who has finally worked his way through this, you will need (assuming you have a 94+ console) an acura cl 97-99 switch for your sunroof (goes next to emergency flasher), an edm dimmer switch, and a jdm steering wheel with cruise control. that would be the best way to do it, and the cleanest way as well. youll need to extend all your wires, of course. you could always use the switchesyou have now and grind em down and such, but itll look like crap. it ended up costing me like $30 total, for the coin pocket $35, acura cl switch $20, edm dimmer $20, and im about the purchase the steering wheel $55, and sell my old one $100 with the airbag so it counteracts the price and makes it almost free. and it looks cleaner, IMO
The JDM steering wheel isn't any different, it just has no Airbag. Also the JDM switches serve the same purpose as the USDM one, "accel and deccel" just in cool japanese writing. You're better off just jumping the cc switch and keeping it on, or hiding it underneath the coin pocket. Also don't be fooled by "EDMfactory' on ebay, all his parts come from ebay.uk, which you can purchase yourself for much cheaper. Look at his feedback. Not to mention 99.9% of "EDM" parts are the same as "JDM" parts so getting it from japan will probably be cheaper.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Does anyone know if there is another option for the sunroof switch? I have the JDM fog switch in that spot so I need to find another way to put it in I really wanna get that coin pocket. As for the OP here is what I did with my S2K switch

Dont mind my steering wheel it doesnt look that nasty in person and im going to wrap it in leather lol

·
Banned
1,118 Posts
Cutoff the connectors to the switches, and extend them to your console. I removed CC because I wanted to clean up my engine bay, so that switch isn't even needed. Sunroof, I used an Acura CL 97-99 sunroof switch and relocated it to where the OEM fog switch goes in 94+ consoles, and the Dimmer switch I used is from a JDM car same as EDM. No difference between the two. Here are pics from my car:

Well, my dash now, does include the JDM center speaker.

The JDM steering wheel isn't any different, it just has no Airbag. Also the JDM switches serve the same purpose as the USDM one, "accel and deccel" just in cool japanese writing. You're better off just jumping the cc switch and keeping it on, or hiding it underneath the coin pocket. Also don't be fooled by "EDMfactory' on ebay, all his parts come from ebay.uk, which you can purchase yourself for much cheaper. Look at his feedback. Not to mention 99.9% of "EDM" parts are the same as "JDM" parts so getting it from japan will probably be cheaper.
I second that on the EDMFactory store on ebay, his parts are much more expensive than ebay.uk. He is a ripoff, $100 for chrome door handles??? hahahaha. oh, and bbioxtc, you did miss on one thing- the edm dimmer and the usdm dimmer are slightly different - the jdm & edm dimmers don't light up, whereas the usdm dimmer does. if you meant the jdm and edm dimmer being no different, than i misinterpreted that.

as far as the jdm steering wheel, you make a good point, you can use your current one and jump or hide the CC switch; i mentioned the jdm one because if you don't care about the airbag, selling your usdm one can offset alot of the cost of the project.

I also have a coin pocket for $35 if anybody is interested.

·
Banned
1,118 Posts
Does anyone know if there is another option for the sunroof switch? I have the JDM fog switch in that spot so I need to find another way to put it in I really wanna get that coin pocket. As for the OP here is what I did with my S2K switch

Dont mind my steering wheel it doesnt look that nasty in person and im going to wrap it in leather lol
another option for the sunroof switch, is install it into the tweeter cover. i dunno, just a thought.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Yea I like my tweeters how they are lol I want to keep things as OEM/JDM looking as possible minus the push start of course.

·
Banned
1,118 Posts
haha, you want to keep it as oem as possible, yet you have a big red button on the dash... im not laughing at you, its just funny how you said that. um, thinking here, get a map light and put the 97-99 cl or regular prelude sunroof switch into the map light? thatd be sick, ive never seen it before. i think the switches may be too deep though...

also, you may want to consider just getting a 94+ console. i have one, with a cloth lid and cupholder just sitting around ill sell to you as well as the coin pocket you PM'd me about. If you'd rather stick with your 93 console, take a look at sunroof switches from other acuras/hondas, maybe one will fit into your 93 console slot. im thinking the 94-97 accord or 92-95 civics, as they tend to have similar interior and exterior parts...

sorry im not much of help for relocation of sunroof if you dont have a 94+ console. ill keep my eyes open, do a little lookin for ya

Yea I like my tweeters how they are lol I want to keep things as OEM/JDM looking as possible minus the push start of course.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
I have a 94+ console but I have JDM fogs and the switch for those goes where the sunroof switch you guys are using would go.

·
Banned
1,118 Posts
oh ok i gotcha... in that case, youd need to look for a sunroof switch that fits into the console slots in back, from another acura or honda, or modify your current switch so it fits into one of those slots. other than that, im not sure what else you could do. why not just get a foglight switch that fits into the slots behind the ebrake, and then you can use the cl switch? thats the only real option that i can think of here

I have a 94+ console but I have JDM fogs and the switch for those goes where the sunroof switch you guys are using would go.

·
Registered
632 Posts

Hey i think this looks pretty clean! it looks kinda off though, not in the center maybe its just the angle. But its really nice i wanna do that in the future

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
its in the center I measured it first and used a speed bit so i know its centered lol its just the angle i took it at cause when the steering wheel is straight you cant see it.

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yeah well i guess i could upgrade to the 94+ console, thats just more hassle and out of pocket expense i really dont want to deal with

that does look clean, but i am also needing to put in two toggle switches for acc and on (my ignition switch went out, this was the cheaper aternative)...i think it would be much cleaner for two switches and a start button to be where the sunroof/dim/cc switches are

um, thinking here, get a map light and put the 97-99 cl or regular prelude sunroof switch into the map light? thatd be sick, ive never seen it before. i think the switches may be too deep though...
are you talking about a vtec map light? to be honest ive never actually seen one before...does it have a knockout plate? pics please?

·
Banned
1,118 Posts
yeah i have a vtec map light, right now it is out of the car though as the clear lenses is being replaced (last lenses broke when i was replacing a light inside it), so i dont have an in-car pic but i can take a pic of it out of the car if you want to see it... no it doesn't have a knockout plate we would be talking custom stuff here. it was just an idea.
btw the lenses on the map light covers everything but the two large buttons, everything else is covered in clear plastic, it looks really really good installed and is super-handy. i ended up gettin a vtec headliner, which doesn't have a hole for the "rear" light

and these are a few other goodies i need to install..mmm..yum (hiro eyelids need paint)

yeah well i guess i could upgrade to the 94+ console, thats just more hassle and out of pocket expense i really dont want to deal with

that does look clean, but i am also needing to put in two toggle switches for acc and on (my ignition switch went out, this was the cheaper aternative)...i think it would be much cleaner for two switches and a start button to be where the sunroof/dim/cc switches are

are you talking about a vtec map light? to be honest ive never actually seen one before...does it have a knockout plate? pics please?

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thanks for the pics...doesnt really look like there is a place to put the switch, except right in the center between the lights...would that block out too much light?

looks like i might have to go with a 94+ console conversion

·
Banned
1,118 Posts
thanks for the pics...doesnt really look like there is a place to put the switch, except right in the center between the lights...would that block out too much light?

looks like i might have to go with a 94+ console conversion
now that i look at the back of the map light, there is no way you could get a switch up in there. its not about blocking out light, its just too much wiring and shit on the backside. once i get the map light back in the car and the fogs in, and a few other parts, ill take a photo op for you guys to drool over haha

·
Registered
575 Posts
I just wired my fogs into my runing lights. So when i turn my runing lights on my fog lights come on. No need for a switch now.

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I just wired my fogs into my runing lights. So when i turn my runing lights on my fog lights come on. No need for a switch now.
i dont have fogs...yet...not worried about a fog switch right now...what year is yours? wanna trade consoles? haha

1 - 20 of 23 Posts