Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay don't now if this has been asked so don't B*** at me.

So how did u guys come acroos or get ur Prelude what u guys do to get it?

I came across the first lude on Autotrader it got my attention cuz of the shape of the body so sporty looking. But the guy never answered hes phone when i called. So i went on Craigslist and put prelude for less than 900 and then i saw my car in San Francisco i bouth it while i was in the hospital. So i gave the money to my brother for him to go get it and he did, when i got home i was like i bouth that crap lol.............. j/p it looks sick now im putting alarm these week

·
Registered
840 Posts
ive learned to love the 3rd gens through my 86lude....it was my 2nd car when i was 16 had ALOT of fun with it , then later went through about 10more cars ( one of which was a 92 z32 NA) but none impacted me as much as the ludes, and while i was trying to search for possible aftermarket and mods i came across the 3rd gens on the net and literally fell in love with em . But i finally got a chance to buy my very own 91si from a auction in my town ( kinda overpayed since there was another kid that wanted it REALLY bad) but i didnt give in and won the bid at $2200 , for me personally it was worth it and still is i love this car and i Hope to GOD! that it lasts at least as long as my 2nd gen if not longer.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I bought it from a guy at my job. He now lives in Australia :p

·
Registered
991 Posts
My love for ludes came when I borrowed my brothers '88 EX (S for you americans)

I bought my first one from a dealer who bought it in Germany, I ordered it, he found it and brought it back home.

My second and current one I found on www.mobile.de among others, took a road trip to germany with my father and my brother and looked a couple of different 'ludes untill I finally found this one in Berlin and drove it back home.

·
Registered
750 Posts
well, i owned a 1992 hyundai elantra that i crashed into a tree. so i was looking for a car. I wanted a honda and it had to be standard. so i was waiting around saving money and then one day i was at my dads shop and his boss told me about this prelude that had a shot engine. i went and looked at it and fell in love. it was in mint condition cause it was owned by an old lady. I bought it for 650 put a motor and a rad in it. and look what i have now.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Bought mine from my uncle's co-worker for $500. This was before I realized that the S was teh crap :(. Still, it was my car, so I got her running right. First time I had to do an emergency lane-change around some bitch on her cel phone, I was in love. (with the car, not the chick on her phone)

Been looking for an Si, but every one I've looked at is fucked up, so I think I'm gonna just swap in a B20A. I can live without power windows and shit. It's a small car. And I can always add it later.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
i kept telling my girlfriend at the time that i wanted a different car so she decided to look around for me and found the lude next to the school im going to now(wasnt going at there at the time). i picked it up for 700 bucks and i never regret buying it. girlfriends are always good for something, hahahaha.

·
I'm Back =o
1,731 Posts
was looking for my first car a few years ago. almost talked my dad into buying me a 300zx but he got an insuance quote and that idea was out the window. Then I almost baught a cavaqueer (cavalier) 2 seperate times but the 2nd one had a 91 prelude si sitting next to it. as soon as I saw it I was like !!!!! I want it!!! my dad said no but I finally talked him into test driving it and even he was in love. picked it up for $2000. then spent another $500 on it from half ass rigged shit breaking that we didnt noticed b4.

·
JDM fo lyf y0
1,224 Posts
Welll my first lude (white 2.0ex dual carbie) I found from a member here (frankie). It died on me after about a month of owning it.

I sold some stuff and had pleanty of money to start fixing her, I went on trademe (new zealand ebay kinda) just looking at other preludes for sale just for fun and saw my new car, minnnntt condition 1990 Prelude SiStates, it was everything I wanted, DOHC 2.1 engine, Injected, Mint condition, Regularly serviced, Extreeemly well looked after. So I bought it :D And I LOOOVE it!

·
Registered
18 Posts
my dad works at a wrecking yard and mine came in from some girl so my dad brought it home to me put in a newer motor and some tires on it.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
First Lude - Black 91 Si 4ws

Needed to get another car other than my 89 tempo......saw the car on base...looked sexy...found 3k and bought it

Second Lude - Red 91 Si 4ws

LONG ASS STORY. Bought on e-bay, tried to register it, got it taken away because it was stolen, bought it back, sued the police and got my car for free cause I got all the money i wanted from them.

Third Lude - White 89 2.0Si

Member on here couldn't do the work himself and wanted a newer lude, paid 2 payments of 375 for it, and brought it home.

NOW...if you wanna talk about parts cars....saw them at the junkyard and bought all 3 of em...LOL. I may be picking up another one here REAL soon too....a running one that is.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I had a 1993 Plymouth Laser RS AWD Turbo a few years ago. She was a 5-speed, red and black with a spoiler and sunroof. I no longer have that car, but a friend of mine knew what I was looking for. So, he was on a course with another friend who was selling his 1990 Honda Prelude SR and I bought her. She has most of the same features (except AWD, power locks, turbo). The biggest difference (s) besides what was said in the last sentence, is the fact that she has a Honda engine and not a Mitsubishi engine (garbage).

I paid $1500 for my Honda and $8000 for my POS Plymouth/Mitsubishi. I am proud to be a Honda owner and I will be a Honda owner for a long time.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
picked mine up from an add in the paper, 91 SI non-4ws. 140,000 miles... picked it up for like 1500, only had it a week and i love it

·
Registered
147 Posts
i was going to college in OH and my jeep's driveshaft kinda fell out on superior ave in cleveland, when i climbed under it to inspect the damage i discovered the transfer case wasnt even there anymore( 1st and only domestic vehicle HONDA FOR LIFE!!!), saved up 2500 and bought the lude.
oh and i dropped out of school becuase it felt more like a communitst country than a school, they controled every aspect of life, and i wasnt really into the tech-school thing,

off to the community college i go

·
Registered
435 Posts
I bought my lude while looking for an MR2.

My parents frowned on me cause I overpaid by 500 and the breaks where shot . Not to mention I have to do a lot of body work now because the rust is really starting to set in. My engine runs like a champ though. But the body is going to shit shack. Hopefully I can find some one with a weilding gun.

·
Kickass truck missed
6,583 Posts
needed something that got good gas milage and did not look like ass.

always liked the way they look. bought it as a daily driver. drove ti for years to and from work while i played with other vehicles.

went ot trade lude, but found nothing i liked enough. got the itch to build something different (besides trucks)... hence me keeping the lude and fixing her up.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts