Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am sure I could have pm'ed him for the answer but what do you guys think? Is the orange some type of secondary light he put in the projector?

·
Registered
838 Posts
I'm guessing an LED bulb in the back of the projector housing... There's a guy that does some stuff like this that my brother stumbled across one day--I'll see if I can find it.

EDIT:
Here's the site, just click on the gallery tab...
http://cincitydesigns.com/index.html

Here's a sample of a retro he did for a 300zx as well as something very similar to the lude above on a 350z. Some of the stuff is really clean, I just think he gets a little happy with the LEDs sometimes (not shown here)

The website should have more info, but you've gotta have an account for that...

·
Premium Member
17,737 Posts
I think it's just a wierd reflection, because look at the small amber lights in this pictures from a different angle, they are below the projector:

·
Registered
720 Posts
that makes it look evil

·
RHD Pimpin
10,152 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Bwhahahaha, I couldn't stop laughing about your sig
Whats your thoughts Brian? Even if it was a reflection he had to have photoshoped the led's out of the picture to leave just the reflection in the projector.

·
RHD Pimpin
10,152 Posts
It's definitely something different and would be good to use at car shows. I'm guessing it's wedged between the bulb and base of the projector.

·
Premium Member
17,737 Posts
I highly doubt theres a bulb in the projectors. Look at the first pic I posted, it's in the exact same spot as the picture in the first post, just a different angle. I don't think he turned the running lights off and turned on another light in between the shots.

It's either a reflection or photoshop

·
Registered
838 Posts
An LED wouldn't be put in the projector itself, per say, but strategically placed to get the affect of the modded demon lamps in the pictures I posted. The two lights, however, may be reflection--I've seen a similar reflection before.

That being said, RedLude98 said he'd installed LEDs as running lights, so it is possible. You can do all kinds of stuff, though, so I highly doubt it's photoshopped. Possibly an overall reflection, or a filter/lens issue with the camera.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts