Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
where yall at? i'm the only guy i know in Houston that proudly drives his 2nd gen on the daily. anyone else here from Houston? It would be bad ass to get a meet going...
Right here, bro. Daily driven, only car I got =P. Let me know, I'm in the process of stripping my lude and converting it to a weekend street warrior, so it may be off the street for a while soon.

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
lucky bastard's!

i wish I knew of a local 2nd genner! =(

3rd and 5th gen owners but bleh what's the point. . .

Photoshoot if you guys meet up, if not I'm banning you both!

·
Registered
615 Posts
weve got about 2 or 3 second gens here but there all crap! no body here seems to want to keep care of them! there all rusted out and stuff. well ecept for mine of corse:p. theres alot of 3 4 5 gens.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well mine runs ok, but isn't in the best condition... in fact, its far from it. I was just wondering if there were any Houston owners cuz i want to start doing some work to it. Might be nice to have some help with it...

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
At least you guys have some other Luders in your area! I have Knifemind across the state. But Montana's so big that the other side of Montana is about 1/2 way to Tokyo! ;)

·
MK2 GTi Driver
1,046 Posts
At least you guys have some other Luders in your area! I have Knifemind across the state. But Montana's so big that the other side of Montana is about 1/2 way to Tokyo! ;)
Aren't there like 3 people in Montana?

So that means what, 2/3rds of the population of Montana drive Preludes by my math.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Aren't there like 3 people in Montana?

So that means what, 2/3rds of the population of Montana drive Preludes by my math.
^^Sig-worthy! hehe :Rock:

·
Registered
204 Posts
the only other 2nd gen that i know of my town, the owner couldnt even tell me if it was FI or carbed, thats where i left the conversation. all the rest are 3rd gens :(

·
Registered
14 Posts
i have a 87 si. pretty much bone stock. all i have done is remove the black box and put a small stereo in it to help with houston traffic. did the usual repairs like timing belt, water pump, belts, hoses, thermostat, clutch, etc. i need all new brakes all around and possibly a new clutch cable. but it runs strong and passes emissions great.

·
MK2 GTi Driver
1,046 Posts
i have a 87 si. pretty much bone stock. all i have done is remove the black box and put a small stereo in it to help with houston traffic. did the usual repairs like timing belt, water pump, belts, hoses, thermostat, clutch, etc. i need all new brakes all around and possibly a new clutch cable. but it runs strong and passes emissions great.

sounds like all you need :Rock:

·
Registered
14 Posts
well i am off to the junkyard to run down some parts for my car. i think i am going to try the pull your part place on shaver in pasedena. i have not been having any luck in the pick a part over near west road. it seems this is the only way to find some factory type parts for a good price.

on a different note does anyone have an idea of a console that will fit in an si without some major modifications. i can fabricate what i need but past a cetain point i could just build one from scratch.

·
Registered
14 Posts
after some junkyard running i did not find a single second gen prelude. i did find plenty of accords with complete motors in decent shape. i was mainly looking for some interior pieces for my car.

i went to 2 places - a pull your part on shaver in pasedena and a pick-a-part on wallisville. the pasadena place is very well kept. it was mostly empty at about 9 am. the car were organized very well and spaced out unlike pick-part that smelled like an outhouse and was very crowded.

on a side note i am looking for the multifunction switch that includes the turn signal stalk, headlight switch, wipers etc. i found one a while back that was a little better but age and brittle plastic have won. i also need to see if i can find a decent control head for my ac system. i know its a rant but its on my mind as i type.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts