608 Posts
Discussion Starter #201
Roof moldings:
I cleaned them up, powder coated them and wrap them in black vinyl

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #202 (Edited)
Floor mats, I was thinking to paint them in black (or something similar ), but decided not to...….

·
Premium Member
7,419 Posts
Amazing restoration man! I've been following this for quiet some time. How much quieter compared to before is the car now? You are one of the first i've seen to go as far as I had planned on my previous Honda with the sound deadening.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #205 (Edited)
Amazing restoration man! I've been following this for quiet some time. How much quieter compared to before is the car now? You are one of the first i've seen to go as far as I had planned on my previous Honda with the sound deadening.

Thank you. I think, I did not use to much of the sound proofing material around the vehicle (except for the doors). On the doors, I did use dynamate ( butyl based material) and dynaliner (light weight material) on the top of it, on the rest of the car I did not use much of butyl based material (maybe few pieces around the vehicle), but I used plenty of light weight dynaliner (inside the interior panels and sunroof ). Honda did a good job on the floor, so I did not use any additional material there. With a stock exhaust and stock engine, there is no to many things to make a noise anyway. Definitely there is a improvement, how much it is hard to say, it has been a long time since I drove this vehicle with a full interior installed.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #206
Windshield wipers before:

New wipers

After some powder coating

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #208
Really awesome work man. Thanks for all the pictures, gonna help some poor kid out someday.
Thank you..... that was all about .... how many times I got helped by posts in this forum......

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #209
At this point, this is my weekend car, was driving it occasionally. I am planning to do first car wash, wax it, install mud flaps, and than I will post bunch of pictures of final product ….

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #210
Car keys, refreshing:
I found on ebay new car imobilizer transmiter, so I am replacing my old one (after programing it). Dealership is able to cut the new car keys by VIN number, so I did that for bouth keys (wallet key also, looks like no difference in cut just in key thicknes).
Old and new side by side

Picked this key holder on ebay also:

·
Registered
530 Posts
Nice pictures. You have a very clean 25 year old car. :D. I'm surprised the stock exhaust is still working! Where's the coastal salt-rot? haha.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #216
Nice pictures. You have a very clean 25 year old car. :D. I'm surprised the stock exhaust is still working! Where's the coastal salt-rot? haha.
Thank you,
Unfortunately, I don't live on the beach, so no salt effecting this car. Anyway if you take a look through the build pages, you will see, exhaust system is new (except few pieces), like most of the parts on this vehicle .

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #220
Good god, that's beautiful. Do you put on gloves, bags on your shoes, and a towel over the seat before getting in? Maybe a hair net if you decide to roll the windows down for some awful
LOL ......... not exactly, at this moment it’s my weekend car, trying not to drive in the rain, stay away from crowded parking lots...... on the other hand, I did finally found OEM new flor mats in same color like carpet but I am still hesitating to putt them in..... It’s just a car it should be used for what is made for.

201 - 220 of 230 Posts