Honda Prelude Forum banner

181 - 200 of 218 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #183 (Edited)
dude, great work, ...did you get your rear seats re-uposlstered or did you get new ones?

Thank's …….. they are mine old seats with a new leather, just wait to see the front ones . I had, all different kind of ideas for the seats, tried different colors and materials …… but at the end went with original black.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #184 (Edited)
I just installed both doors, and run in to the one problem with a driver side door... Basically I can not open the door from outside, no I did not forget to connect something.... The handle fills solid but does not opening the door, from inside everything working without problems. Honda immobilizer can lock the doors but can not unlock it ?! If I remember correctly I was able to unlock the doors also with it? I was wondering are this two things connected ? Can bad door lock actuator cause this problem ? If someone has some idea, please let me know! Thank you.

Beside that, the doors looks solid, when you close it, you have that luxury vehicle filing ….. I did not connect tweeters yet, to see how is going to sound . Had a small problem with door curtesy lights and footwear lights, because the painters wasn't reconnect the ground wire to the door jamb switch, when they reinstall it. All lights working good now (still need to put under dash panels back ).

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #187
Headlights:
Before I started this build I had a JDM Headlights black housing, since I never like how they matched chrome turning signal lights, I will go with a chrome housing headlights now:

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #193 (Edited)
Just update on my driver side door opening (from outside) problem..... It's finally fixed today. When I removed door panel I couldn't see anything unusual, everything was connected properly but does not won't to open the door from outside....

At firs I tried to adjust this holder (this is the picture before painting)

But no success, since everything else looks fine I thought must be locking mechanism, end since immobilizer does not work properly I ordered (from ebay) door lock control module.
I first replaced door lock controlee module, which fixed remote door locking and unlocking problem. The other problem wasn't the bad locking mechanism (like I thought ), it was just twisted holder (wire bar) which goes from outside handle to locking mechanism ???#$%%#@!!!!! At least it's fixed now.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #194
NEW WHEELS:

1995 HONDA PRELUDE SPECIAL EDDITIONS (SE) WHEELS

New wheel nuts:

Installed:

"Professional" installations done by Honda Dealership:

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #198 (Edited)
New battery:
Before I started the paint job, I had a almost brand new bosh battery:

but after sitting for to long at the shop (going inside and outside of the garage) it's not good anymore, does not wont to hold the charge. I decided to go with this one

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #199 (Edited)
I did, test drive it several times so far ….. it's drives very nicely, cabin is very nice place to be, it's more quiet inside, no any sorts of rattling.... This is still one old vehicle, but I have a filing that I am driving brand new car! It came up nicely! Sound system is good enough, I probably expected to much from it (since no amplifier and basic speakers), I tried to avoid more wires around the vehicle , drilling the carpet, more stress on the electrical system etc. so I did not install amplifier.... If I am in position to do it again I would strongly consider it, probably this vehicle deserve better amplified speakers. Still missing some small pieces like mud guards, windshield wipers arms, roof moldings ….. I did powder coated the windshield wiper arms, but one of the shop which I was using for powder coating did a very poor job on this one, when I tried to install them, they chipped??!! Below the powder coat was still old paint ?! They never did the sand blasting (that was the part of the deal), they also lose my original license plate bolts, that was my lost time going to that place... Picked up pair of old windshield wipers from junk yard, cleaned them up very good and left at different shop.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #200 (Edited)
Sound system:
In my last post I was a little bit skeptical of this sound system , I am not so sure about that anymore, maybe the system is more than "good enough". The thing is, I noticed listening some of the songs harsh "S" sound, it's called sibilance, and usualy accrues between 4kHz and 10kHz. At first I though is because of the system it self's, but by listening some of the songs on my home system I discover that on some of the songs sibilance is already there, in the source. Listening the music only, system sound excellent. I need to test it more, before any conclusions.

181 - 200 of 218 Posts