Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was going to open my hood the other day and when i pulled the lever from the inside of the car nothing happend. so i went and did the classic pull the end of the wire from underneath the front of the car and nothing as well. any ideas how to get her open?.. thanks

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
ive heard of this happening a few times, its a very very hard to get open when that thing breaks....if that's ur case. good luck.. u might be able to find something on here if you search cuz i know i read it on here.

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
You might have to stick your hand and play around with it a bit.. if not you might have to break the latch or somthing:S

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
i had the exact thing happen to me today after i got off work today......had to reach from under the front of the car and get ahold of the cable and pull it and get it to pop........theres a small plastic part on the cable that broke and now im gonna have to end up replacing the whole freakin cable......in the meantime ive got some wire ran through the passengers side nostrol

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Yeah man I hate when that happens. I had to stick my hand in under the hood looking like a dumbass trying to get my hood open.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
no luck

Yeah man I hate when that happens. I had to stick my hand in under the hood looking like a dumbass trying to get my hood open.
ya the wire is broke loose or just broken so i might cut the latch:( or have a mechanic look at it it really sucks when i cant even drive it.

·
Registered
2,578 Posts
Well you can drive but u better pray that nothing Fs up on the way such as dead a battery, low oil etc.....:tounge2:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
got it

Well you can drive but u better pray that nothing Fs up on the way such as dead a battery, low oil etc.....:tounge2:
no i cant i stored it for half the winter battery out ect... luckly i got it open took it for a drive and vtec seemed to kick the hardest ive ever noticed it was a beatiful day . thanks for the help much appreciated :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts