Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I purchased a hood scoop of ebay awhile back for about $25. I had plans to put the hood scoop Offcenter directly above my air intake.

Here Are some pics

Measuring area around Hood Scoop.

Sanding Area Preparing for Bondo.

Hood Scoop Finally Bondo'd on jus needs sanded out.

Final Project

Easy to do. Fun. I never got around to painting it. Im sure it would have turned out really well if painted. For only $25 it was a good experience.

·
Premium Member
448 Posts
I liked what i saw so far with this car from your other thread. You should take that thing off and burn it

·
Registered
10,000,001 Posts
Does serve the propose for getting some air in there but you messed up the best part of the 3ed gen lude, the low hood line! It had a perfect hood, WHY!!!

·
Premium Member
16,914 Posts
You destroyed that hood!

I have to agree, you should not have destroyed such a beautiful hood. I would have recommended you get a junkyard hood and done it on that one that way, if you regret it later on, you can just put it back with no harm done.

Not trying to steal your thunder or anything, but our body parts are becoming a rare, and good body parts even rarer.

·
Banned
13,157 Posts
did you fasten the scoop to the hood with anything besides the bondo? if not, it will definitely eventually crack and come flying off lol

dont listen to these guys though. its your car, do what you want with it. if you like it, thats all that matters.

it is crooked though

·
Registered
407 Posts
you should just route your intake piping out through that hole you got thier, this way you get that true cold air your looking for ;)

·
Registered
281 Posts
I think you should stick the filter right out top of the hood. There's some cold air for you.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
I think you should stick the filter right out top of the hood. There's some cold air for you.
haha, been there, done that... Love it still! lol.

had a clean hood, but then my buddy decided to not latch it and let it fly off at about 55....:rocketwhore:

so much for that, so i went back to the CAI Hood. lol

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
did you fasten the scoop to the hood with anything besides the bondo? if not, it will definitely eventually crack and come flying off lol

dont listen to these guys though. its your car, do what you want with it. if you like it, thats all that matters.

it is crooked though
lol

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Hey, I'm glad that you felt good doing something to a car that you liked.

To each thier own, not my thing though. Your car looks different now, that is for sure.

I hope that you know by posting what you have done to a car that everyone on here likes, you will get flamed hard.

Now you need to get some fresh paint and FINISH it at least. Why did you stop?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts