Whatto do for my hood

• Leave hood as it is

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i went out from school today in the morning and saw some krusty looking stuff on my car, and just figured is was some food and blew it off. Came home from school (after it baked in the sun all day) saw that this stuff on my hood ate throught the paint!!!! I could stcratch the paint off and my hood is ruined now, I set the poll and tell me what you guys think i should do.

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
So all it did was take the paint off, or is there rust involved somehow?
And we need photo's to judge, man!

But i would go against painting the hood F. Black it looks tacky, IMO.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well its hard cause i dont have a camera i just use my friends so ill try to get some pics up thos weekend, o yea and my hoods has some rust cracks too

·
Registered
112 Posts
If it's down to the metal the first thing to do is sand where the substance ate thru and get some primer on it to keep it from rusting.
Then when you want to you can paint the hood.
Get some 'Self-Etching' primer at the auto store (about 5 bucks) and get the bad spot primered. Get a can of "high build" primer also.
You'll need it to build back up the area that the paint is ate off.
Spray with self-etching primer then wait a day or so and start building it back up with the 'high build' primer.
Sand between coats, you'll sand most of the primer back off but don't take it all off , just build up the bad spot.
You'll need some 400, 800, 1500 sandpaper from Wal-Martin and a sanding block.
When you get it all smooth again, you can spray the whole hood OR just touch up the spot you worked on.
Work slowly and carefully and dont CAUSE more damage than you already have.

·
Registered
462 Posts

thought about doing it myself when I dented my hood, decided against it though,, not that it looks bad, its just, um, cheezy.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i thought i got egged too but it didnt splatter it was a pour marking all over the hood, what about gloss black?

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
gloss black doesn't sound too bad.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well im taking all the paint off now and i already just got gloss black, i know it will look like crap but it only has to do for a few months till i repaint, because I just dont trust the primer by itself

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
Actually that doesn't sound bad at all, take some pictures!!

·
Registered
5,342 Posts
no offense man but its not as bad as u say it is just scotch brite it sanded primer it and paint it flat black or shiny black and it wil work in ur favor casue it will look like u got a carbon fiber hood

1 - 12 of 12 Posts