Honda Prelude Forum banner
41 - 60 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Lots of stuff has happened since i last posted here.

Took it to the dyno 150hk 183nm

Going to get sandblasted and powdercoated.

Driving the car is fun fun fun!!

The car is a bit narrow for my new seat..

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Picked up the suspension parts.
I think it's going to look awesome!!

If a admin or moderator see's this please move this thread to the Builds forum and change the topic to: Prefix 3rd gen Daugaard's BA4 4WS. Trackstar build.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
205/50 on the Type Cs looks so good and meaty. Good stuff.
Yeah I know ^^
Bought a new engine tho so I'm going to need wider tyres now ;-) maybe 225/45-15

Thinking about upping to 16" for track to fit bigger brakes. Would be nice to know what 4 pots fit 15"
Wilwood would be nice.

Haters gonna hate and know it alls are going to know it all.... Picking up a K20 in a few weeks.

·
Premium Member
4,294,967,294 Posts
powder coating looks good. I have been meaning to powder coat all my suspension too. I just got a few more pieces to get. Interesting color choice. I was going to do gloss black on steering knukles and maybe lower front shock fork. Then graphite grey metallic with clear coat for control arms and gloss black for radius/strut rods and mounting rear brackets.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Yeah I know ^^
Bought a new engine tho so I'm going to need wider tyres now ;-) maybe 225/45-15

Thinking about upping to 16" for track to fit bigger brakes. Would be nice to know what 4 pots fit 15"
Wilwood would be nice.
Wilwood DHPA kit is quoted as fitting behind some OEM 15" wheels like EM1s. I've seen Spoon calipers behind RNRs which are 15" but I think it would be situational as to what wheels do and don't work, e.g. some 15" wheels don't even fit over BB1/DC2R front calipers without spacers or shaving the caliper itself.

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
Haters gonna hate and know it alls are going to know it all.... Picking up a K20 in a few weeks.
Ahaha! Can't wait to see this!!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Stuff is arriving at the garage...

Am I to assume that is a K series motor and that you are going to try to swap that motor into that lude??
Yes that is correct.
I'm still sourcing parts but expect to start the swap after next summer. The goal is to finish the swap between September -16 and April -17.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Track only. At first it was my daily but I bought another daily so this is now a track car 99%. I will build it in a way so that I can drive it to the track legally, so it has to pass the Swedish regulations for street cars. This will be no problem as long as i change front and rear brakes and the main brake cylinder.

For me it's important to drive it when I can so if the swap isn't ready by April -17 I will revert back to the B20A7 over the summer then restart the swap.

·
Registered
10,749 Posts
That's a long term plan. Hope it works out for you.

My long term plan is usually to just finish the job I'm halfway through on any particular day.

Reactions: EvilChuckie666

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
That's a long term plan. Hope it works out for you.

My long term plan is usually to just finish the job I'm halfway through on any particular day.
The way I see it the car needs to be driven every summer so I can fully enjoy it. Allot of projects has been started and sold just for the reason of boredom, oftenly because the owner loses the connection to the car due to it just sitting in the garage.

I live in Sweden where there is winterish weather between november and march. So there's a natural build phase during winther. If I would come to the point where i would not be able to finish the swap in time i might lose another year of driving. Hence the reversion of the swap if necessary.

·
Registered
10,749 Posts
Totally understand and agree.
I try to keep as much as possible a plug and play for those reasons. My Lude is not operable during a similar time for the same reason, weather.

41 - 60 of 72 Posts