Honda Prelude Forum banner
21 - 40 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I'm really enjoying reading this! :emthup:
I'm glad you like it. More fun coming when we arrive at present day.

Yeah, I'm loving this build. Keep it up.

Is that mig solid core and gas or are you using the cheap flux core stuff?
Stay tuned it will get better when it's not all google translated...
Solid core and gas.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Engine boiled in queues on the way home from work. White smoke and some oil droplets from the head. The radiator broke.

All B-Series parts are received with joy. B20B3 and gearbox, anything goes, B16A VTEC head and some odds and ends on the shopping list.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Well then, things are happening!
My father was visiting this weekend and we went away on roadtrip down to Ulricehamn Shopping Engine!

A B20Z1 with B16A Vtec top! Now it is cut and grind until I get gray hair ... Got a lot of goodies, as well thanks Oskar! (The seller)

Note the radiator ... Could be good to have apparently!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Now the car is salvaged at last. No drama, nice!

The picture shows my boss / my best friend and his Passat and the in-laws' CR-V, which acted tow truck.

Still looking for a gearbox to the new engine.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Then there was a new daily/parts car!

The inspection must determine what it will be. But until then, I present my new Honda Prelude Si 4WS BA4 "Because I'm BA4WSi!"

Edit:
The mold must be decontaminated. It smells like hell in it and the whole ceiling is full of mold.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Well then!
Now that the insurance case finally resolved itself I just have to start preparing for the winter build.

My -89 Si will became a donor to the white -88 grade.
B20A7 engine will be moved.
Full suspension will be taken down to is blasted and painted.
My Super Pro bushings will be pushed in and new balljoints must be purchased.
Will buy coilovers and it leans towards BC when they had a very good price.

So it becomes fully refurbished suspension which feels really good because it was limp as a jelly after Mantorp.

I have bought a P30 that I was going to use the A7 engine when I converted to OBD1.
In that way, it's started to bolt on a turbo on it would be interesting or at B20 Vtec engine is finished.

Some body parts will be replaced by the gray when it is more stainless steel.
Other than that, the plan is to get below 1100 kg until Mantorp.

So there is clearly little to do for the summer 2015th

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
And So it Begins.

The pictures are taken with a potato!

Start.
The donor car is ready to get rid of their 2.0L Si stove, B20A7, with an amazing 150hp (with cat)

Swerving away some "nice to have things" and the radiator so that there will be space to work. AC Condenser I let remain as it is a R12 system and I do not have the ability to drain it properly.

Slowly but surely.

Away with drive shafts and exhaust systems as well as the guard rail for the oil pan and exhaust system.

Time to lift.

Here I begin to doubt whether it is actually possible to get shit like this.
It's so damn crowded.

But finally after a lot of prying with long crowbar (1.5m) it came loose and almost in one piece...
I broke off a sliver from the pulley on the crankshaft but hopefully I can take the old from B20A5.

It took me 5h to remove the engine but I did it myself so I'm happy.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Time to change the engine!
Began last Friday.

Everything ran smoothly and I had the help so there were not as many photos.
The thing that messed most was this well.

It did not want to come loose so it was time for the Tiger Claw.
There were like 2-3 cm more space with manual transmission so it was easy to lift out the engine.

Two engines are about to change transmissions, manifolds and electrical systems.

No work Saturday but now it's Sunday and my -88 is an Si! But there were some problems after all, the exhaust manifold did not come off from the exhaust pipe but it has been fixed by Folke at ROF Technology. Then I had put the radiator from the donor behind our sheet metal container, so it had been stolen ... So now I need a new cooler. But the engine is in and it starts. Idle speed oscillates between 1700-4000 rpm but I hope so because the manifold is gone and lambda sensors hangs in the air.

Then a picture of slaughter object to be rid of suspension and such this week.

Hopefully I'll have time to send it off to blasting and powder coating at the end of the week.
Some weight has been shaved but I have not weighed so I have to make sure to get the car weight when it works again.

Roger out!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Time to do some work soon!
Got my new radiator, and som of the chassis components. headerseal and sealkit for the head.

Also got a text that my coilovers has arrived so next week I'm getting those and my sway stearingwheel.

21 - 40 of 72 Posts