Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
man... it's like honda discontinues all the best cars. that just means that the s2k will be a rare commodity like the lude one day haha

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
NOOOOOOOOO!!! GODDAMNIT HONDA! First F1 Engines then the NSX NOW THE S2000?!?

I can't take this man. This is bad.

I was thinking the other day what it would be like 5 years from now to try and fix a 3rd or 4th gen and not finding any parts ANYWHERE.

Its a scary thought

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
NOOOOOOOOO!!! GODDAMNIT HONDA! First F1 Engines then the NSX NOW THE S2000?!?

I can't take this man. This is bad.

I was thinking the other day what it would be like 5 years from now to try and fix a 3rd or 4th gen and not finding any parts ANYWHERE.

Its a scary thought
welcome to my world bud. 2nd gen parts are hard to find. we have to special order everything, if they even make the parts. if not, good luck trying to find one at the junker.

·
Registered
763 Posts
if you didnt see this coming, you're living under a rock.

·
Idiotic Thread Locker!
11,000 Posts
Just think.... In 2010 the only performance car you can get from Honda is a CIVIC si. I don't count the new accord coupe as a 'performance' car. It's just a two door boat.

Just 9 short years ago you could get:
NSX
S2000
Integra GSR and ITR
Prelude
Civic Si

Now we only have the Civic Si. Sad times boys, very sad.

I'll be hanging onto my S2K as long as I can.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Just think.... In 2010 the only performance car you can get from Honda is a CIVIC si. I don't count the new accord coupe as a 'performance' car. It's just a two door boat.

Just 9 short years ago you could get:
NSX
S2000
Integra GSR and ITR
Prelude
Civic Si

Now we only have the Civic Si. Sad times boys, very sad.

I'll be hanging onto my S2K as long as I can.
You forgot the Element SC :laugh:

·
Registered
763 Posts
yup, add another Honda to a long list of overpriced highly coveted used cars.

I miss the RSX-S the most though, that was gonna be my next ride.

·
Idiotic Thread Locker!
11,000 Posts
yup, add another Honda to a long list of overpriced highly coveted used cars.

I miss the RSX-S the most though, that was gonna be my next ride.
You can get a nice RSX-S for cheap now at least.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
if you had told me, in 1989, that 20 years later, in 2009, I would be working for a honda dealer, i'd have told you you were crazy.

if you had told me that, in 2009, that honda dealer's lots would be full to overflowing with SUVs, minivans, and 'pickups', i'd probably dragged you out into the street and curb-stomped you.

in 1980, honda had three models: the civic, the accord, and the prelude. the economy car, the big car, and the sports car.

in 1985, honda had three models: the civic, the accord, and the prelude....and honda had something for everyone. you need a sport coupe? here's a prelude (or the accord coupe). you need a sporty hatch? here's a CRX. you need a people mover? here's an accord sedan. you need to move a TV? you can choose the civic wagovan. you need to haul your race car? borrow your buddy's pickup.

in 1990, honda had three models: the civic, the accord, and the prelude....and honda had something for everyone. you need a sport coupe? here's a prelude (or the accord coupe). you need a sporty hatch? here's a CRX. you need a people mover? here's an accord sedan. you need to move a TV? you can choose between the civic wagovan or you can wait a year for the accord wagon. you need to haul your race car? borrow your buddy's pickup.

in 1995, honda had five models: the civic, the accord, the prelude, the odyssey (a big accord at that time), and the passport (a rebadged rodeo). sport coupe preludes and del-sols still existed, sporty hatches were in the mix as well. the people mover became the tall accord wagon (aka the odyssey), and the passport offered something that felt truck-like (even if it was just an isuzu in a party dress). hauling your race car still falls to your buddy's pickup.

in 2000, honda had eight models: the civic, the accord, the prelude, the CR-V (just a big civic, really), the odyssey, the insight, the passport, and the s2000.
sport coupes? check. prelude and accord and that nifty civic si. sport hatches? eh, not so much, at least...not from the factory, but the insight was pointing a new direction for hatches, anyway. and now we get a real factory built convertable sports car. the people mover has bloated into a real full size minivan, and that little suv is a real damned honda. even the passport has more of honda's influence built into it, now.
and if you want to haul your race car, it means borrowing your buddy's pickup.

in 2005, honda still has eight models...but you can feel the lineup going downhill: the accord, the civic, the insight, the cr-v, the s2000 and the odyssey are still around. the passport has been swapped for the pilot. and the prelude is gone, replaced in the lineup by the element.
sport coupe? none. there is nothing even in the same area code as sporty about the civic or accord coupes. sporty hatch? that turd of a civic si? what the fuck ever. at least the insight is still holding it's own. people mover? the odyssey needs its own damn zipcode at this point.
three SUVs? three? really? becuase people were really camoring for that rubbermaid element, weren't they? at least honda finally scuttled isuzu's rodeo and built their own big SUV.
the only bright point between 2000 and 2005? the S2000 became a more reasonable vehicle to own and drive. oh, yeah...and if you are wanting to haul your race car, you get to borrow your neighbor's pickup.

in 2010, honda will likely have 7 models, and the downhill slide is almost complete: the civic, the accord, the pilot, the cr-v, the odyssey, the ridgeline, and the fit.
sport coupe? nope..tho the accord coupe is damned sexy beast, it's no prelude. sporty hatch? in some world (europe, i suppose) the fit is one...but not in the US. the pilot is bigger, the odyssey is bigger, the CR-V is bigger, at least the element died. and..if you want to haul your race car....you STILL have to borrow the neighbor's pickup.

·
Danny D's second in Command
4,157 Posts
thats ghey. i hate this, now whats there to represent honda? civic si?..
yeah it sucks.

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
rsx's are kinda lame... :( they fall into a crappy category in my opinion... its like an oversized integra (which is actually is lol)

they do put down mean power with easy builds tho..

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
if you had told me, in 1989, that 20 years later, in 2009, I would be working for a honda dealer, i'd have told you you were crazy.

if you had told me that, in 2009, that honda dealer's lots would be full to overflowing with SUVs, minivans, and 'pickups', i'd probably dragged you out into the street and curb-stomped you.

in 1980, honda had three models: the civic, the accord, and the prelude. the economy car, the big car, and the sports car.

in 1985, honda had three models: the civic, the accord, and the prelude....and honda had something for everyone. you need a sport coupe? here's a prelude (or the accord coupe). you need a sporty hatch? here's a CRX. you need a people mover? here's an accord sedan. you need to move a TV? you can choose the civic wagovan. you need to haul your race car? borrow your buddy's pickup.

in 1990, honda had three models: the civic, the accord, and the prelude....and honda had something for everyone. you need a sport coupe? here's a prelude (or the accord coupe). you need a sporty hatch? here's a CRX. you need a people mover? here's an accord sedan. you need to move a TV? you can choose between the civic wagovan or you can wait a year for the accord wagon. you need to haul your race car? borrow your buddy's pickup.

in 1995, honda had five models: the civic, the accord, the prelude, the odyssey (a big accord at that time), and the passport (a rebadged rodeo). sport coupe preludes and del-sols still existed, sporty hatches were in the mix as well. the people mover became the tall accord wagon (aka the odyssey), and the passport offered something that felt truck-like (even if it was just an isuzu in a party dress). hauling your race car still falls to your buddy's pickup.

in 2000, honda had eight models: the civic, the accord, the prelude, the CR-V (just a big civic, really), the odyssey, the insight, the passport, and the s2000.
sport coupes? check. prelude and accord and that nifty civic si. sport hatches? eh, not so much, at least...not from the factory, but the insight was pointing a new direction for hatches, anyway. and now we get a real factory built convertable sports car. the people mover has bloated into a real full size minivan, and that little suv is a real damned honda. even the passport has more of honda's influence built into it, now.
and if you want to haul your race car, it means borrowing your buddy's pickup.

in 2005, honda still has eight models...but you can feel the lineup going downhill: the accord, the civic, the insight, the cr-v, the s2000 and the odyssey are still around. the passport has been swapped for the pilot. and the prelude is gone, replaced in the lineup by the element.
sport coupe? none. there is nothing even in the same area code as sporty about the civic or accord coupes. sporty hatch? that turd of a civic si? what the fuck ever. at least the insight is still holding it's own. people mover? the odyssey needs its own damn zipcode at this point.
three SUVs? three? really? becuase people were really camoring for that rubbermaid element, weren't they? at least honda finally scuttled isuzu's rodeo and built their own big SUV.
the only bright point between 2000 and 2005? the S2000 became a more reasonable vehicle to own and drive. oh, yeah...and if you are wanting to haul your race car, you get to borrow your neighbor's pickup.

in 2010, honda will likely have 7 models, and the downhill slide is almost complete: the civic, the accord, the pilot, the cr-v, the odyssey, the ridgeline, and the fit.
sport coupe? nope..tho the accord coupe is damned sexy beast, it's no prelude. sporty hatch? in some world (europe, i suppose) the fit is one...but not in the US. the pilot is bigger, the odyssey is bigger, the CR-V is bigger, at least the element died. and..if you want to haul your race car....you STILL have to borrow the neighbor's pickup.

what about the ridge lline? its a decent truck to pull the race car:)

·
Registered
325 Posts
Good God WTF HAS HAPPENED TO HONDA D:

1 - 20 of 54 Posts