Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody does anyone know where i can get a CHEAP brand new original honda key for my 99 honda prelude because i just bought my car and i only got 1 set of keys and i wanna get 1 more set of key incase

·
BAN ALL MODS!!!
2,149 Posts
Stealership or Ebay for way to much money.

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
Hey everybody does anyone know where i can get a CHEAP brand new original honda key for my 99 honda prelude because i just bought my car and i only got 1 set of keys and i wanna get 1 more set of key incase

the chances of that happening are probably the equivialent of a white supremecist loving obama

·
Registered
763 Posts
all 5th gen preludes are equiped with Immobilizers and chipped keys, so replacing one of those runs close to 200$ at the stealership.

·
Love the power of H
291 Posts
you can get the key with the chip kinda cheap on ebay but having the chip programed to your car is expensive cause you have to go to honda. but if your only worried about locking your keys in the car you can get a dummy key that just unlocks your doors and trunk.

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
you are lucky to have a working key instead of loosing it and needing one , as your best bet is to go to the stealership and have then make a T5 copy of your working key as they clone the immobilizer at the the same time so the key will start the car or a locksmith that can do T5 copys but usally more expensive as the stealerships here charge about $25. since you do not have the red key no more keys the system cannot be reprogramed and will need replacement of the immobilizer unit if all keys are lost.

·
The Australian
5,058 Posts
no cheap way around this man

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
you are lucky to have a working key instead of loosing it and needing one , as your best bet is to go to the stealership and have then make a T5 copy of your working key as they clone the immobilizer at the the same time so the key will start the car or a locksmith that can do T5 copys but usally more expensive as the stealerships here charge about $25. since you do not have the red key no more keys the system cannot be reprogramed and will need replacement of the immobilizer unit if all keys are lost.

this is about the best answer in this thread.

some local locksmiths have the ability to clone your keys as well.

the stock replacement key (one that the car would have to be programmed to recognize) only retails for $15. the T5 option is a programmable key that can be cloned to match your existing key, tricking the car.

i can't remember, off the top of my head, what we sell the T5 keys for....but since our T5 programmer/cloner died, we don't sell very many of them.

if your local dealer is a ass about it, or can't do it....try your local locksmiths.

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
the T5 keys retail at Charmicheal Honda for $24.95 when we ordered one last year but some stealerships around here will sell it for $75 and the locksmith want $100 thats a rip! so you have to shop around..

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
this is about the best answer in this thread.

some local locksmiths have the ability to clone your keys as well.

the stock replacement key (one that the car would have to be programmed to recognize) only retails for $15. the T5 option is a programmable key that can be cloned to match your existing key, tricking the car.

i can't remember, off the top of my head, what we sell the T5 keys for....but since our T5 programmer/cloner died, we don't sell very many of them.

if your local dealer is a ass about it, or can't do it....try your local locksmiths.
otherwise be ready for a wallet anal raping - cost me 500

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
you should have shopped around.

35113-S84-T5 (the programmable/clone key) - MRSP $44.95. most shops who carry this key will program it for free.

35113-S84-A01 (the factory equipped key...requires the red key to reprogram the car) - MSRP $15.13. most dealers will charge you a half hour of labor to program the car ~$45.

04809-S30-A02 (the replacement immobilizer system: brain, red key, and black key) - MSRP $292.72. most dealers will charge you about one hour to install and program ~$90.

some dealers and locksmiths might also offer non-honda keys that will serve the same function as honda's T5. prices on those aftermarket keys can vary widely.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts