Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What's funny is that it's only got 109 HP 109 FT LBS torque but Car & Driver had it beating out the Dodge Caliber in 0-60 and 1/4 mile times. It also ranked #1 out of 10 other hatchbacks in this months Car & Driver. Honda does it again!

·
2ludes 1s2000
10,675 Posts

·
2ludes 1s2000
10,675 Posts

·
I R TEH TOOL FAN
1,202 Posts
and i think the fit will sell more then the scion. well the xa and xb ones. maybe not the tc.

·
I R TEH TOOL FAN
1,202 Posts
Antonious said:
i dont know about the xb's, those things are everywhere
well according to car and driver, its hondas answer to the xb. i think the fit will overcome. if not just for the gas saving/entry level/easily affordable car, at least for the tuners that want to swap a RSX-R engine in it. the xb will never have the aftermarket support to that of what the fit will have comming in the next year to two years. the fit is 100lbs heavier. but has more hp and more torque and gets 2mpg more in the city and 4 more on the highway. WITH a smaller price tag. not only that it looks a hell of alot better. there just is no competition for the fit right now in its class... especially if KIA beat toyota in the C&D test for up the and comming compact hatchbacks.

this is kinda off topic but since we are talking about the fit and its competition. aparently dodge said the 3 engines that come with the caliber have the highest horsepower ratings..... in its class... thats full of shit because if we are talking about hatchbacks the 1.8t has 180hp.. and dodges 1.8 puts out like 140hp... AHAHAH. funny though how a 1.5L engines kicks the crap out of it... i think honda should have put a 1.8L in the fit just to piss off dodge even more and show them up that their 1.8L sucks ass. did you know dodge is making their engines with varable valve timing now??

·
Registered
708 Posts
LUDEacris said:
well according to car and driver, its hondas answer to the xb. i think the fit will overcome. if not just for the gas saving/entry level/easily affordable car, at least for the tuners that want to swap a RSX-R engine in it. the xb will never have the aftermarket support to that of what the fit will have comming in the next year to two years. the fit is 100lbs heavier. but has more hp and more torque and gets 2mpg more in the city and 4 more on the highway. WITH a smaller price tag. not only that it looks a hell of alot better. there just is no competition for the fit right now in its class... especially if KIA beat toyota in the C&D test for up the and comming compact hatchbacks.

this is kinda off topic but since we are talking about the fit and its competition. aparently dodge said the 3 engines that come with the caliber have the highest horsepower ratings..... in its class... thats full of shit because if we are talking about hatchbacks the 1.8t has 180hp.. and dodges 1.8 puts out like 140hp... AHAHAH. funny though how a 1.5L engines kicks the crap out of it... i think honda should have put a 1.8L in the fit just to piss off dodge even more and show them up that their 1.8L sucks ass. did you know dodge is making their engines with varable valve timing now??
thats true, i wouldnt be surprised if the fit outsells the xb, i have a buddy who's interested and most likely getting it when it comes out this month.

·
I R TEH TOOL FAN
1,202 Posts
BdoggPrelude said:
The Fit is also being introduced because the Civic has gotten so big and expensive that it leaves Honda room to market a subcompact car that slots below the Civic in the lineup.
thats a pretty smart move by honda.

·
2ludes 1s2000
10,675 Posts
BdoggPrelude said:
The Fit is also being introduced because the Civic has gotten so big and expensive that it leaves Honda room to market a subcompact car that slots below the Civic in the lineup.
Yep.

In the automotive world, its known as the circle of life. As strong as the civic is, and has been, it's going to keep growing in size, class, and most detrimental of all PRICE.

Hard to beleive it, but eventually the Accord will be priced out of the market, The civic will take it's place, and thus die within a few decades as well.

I wish that not only Honda, but all manufacturers, would keep their cars in the same class they were intro'd into.

I understand the logic of how things work, yet I still say there are other ways to promote sales and maintain interest.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
I R TEH TOOL FAN
1,202 Posts
Hprelude5R said:
Yep.

In the automotive world, its known as the circle of life. As strong as the civic is, and has been, it's going to keep growing in size, class, and most detrimental of all PRICE.

Hard to beleive it, but eventually the Accord will be priced out of the market, The civic will take it's place, and thus die within a few decades as well.

I wish that not only Honda, but all manufacturers, would keep their cars in the same class they were intro'd into.

I understand the logic of how things work, yet I still say there are other ways to promote sales and maintain interest.
yea id say give it 8 years and he fit will come stock with 200hp and weight only 2750lbs. and it will probably be under a different name. who knows its been out awhile in japan with hardly any changes. right.. but this is america. we always want bigger and better things. and car makers know that.

·
Preludepower Member
2,656 Posts
It's underpowered, but i wouldnt mind one if i needed such a vehicle...great gas mileage, cargo space...

J-Butter...

why dont you sell your Civic right? and cop one of these?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.