Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Sleeper Needs Boost!
Joined
·
2,685 Posts
L15... there is a letter and a number after the 15 but I cant remember if it's an a or c or whatever...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm actually a little interested in maybe learning 5 speed and buying one witihin the next couple months. I wanted to know if that particular engine responed well to mods or not since it's got so very little power. I was thinking maybe down the road I could do a swap when it's paid off and just keep it in good condition until that time comes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,226 Posts
Rumor has it someone in Japan did a K20 swap.

But I've also seen a video of a Japanese woman breastfeeding a cat, so who knows about rumors from Japan.

I test drove the Fit a while back. It was surprisingly quick. The USDM motor is already more powerful than the JDM one thanks to a different intake manifold. It probably responds about as well to bolt-ons as any other currently-produced Honda. Thing is, new honda motors are so well tuned that you don't get as much out of stuff like CAI and cat-back as you did back in the B-series days. I'd do I/E for sound and maybe some rims (get the sport package for the lip kit and spoiler. The car looks like an egg without them). I'd have another car for actually going fast.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,968 Posts
more then a few people have already done k20 swaps. mugen also makes a supercharger.

complements of last months honda tuning magazine
 

·
Sleeper Needs Boost!
Joined
·
2,685 Posts
converge said:
more then a few people have already done k20 swaps. mugen also makes a supercharger.

complements of last months honda tuning magazine
I concour. I just read that this morning:tongue:
 

·
The Good Stuff
Joined
·
3,587 Posts
nyluder22 said:
I'm actually a little interested in maybe learning 5 speed and buying one witihin the next couple months. I wanted to know if that particular engine responed well to mods or not since it's got so very little power. I was thinking maybe down the road I could do a swap when it's paid off and just keep it in good condition until that time comes.
Look at last month's Honda Tuning. Mugen has one supercharged and all that good stuff. :d
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
IDK, but the Fit's weight w/ SC @ 140HP plus I/E/H/P/CAT should be fairly quick in the 15's. With the K20 your looking at 14's high 13's.
 

·
Rep me if you hate my ass
Joined
·
4,349 Posts
L series already!? Jesus.

--J
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,226 Posts
Import_Tuna said:
L series already!? Jesus.

--J
Well they skipped from B to F, then H, then nothing until L. Didn't the '01+ Civic R17 come out before the L15?

Damn if there's a supercharger for the Fit, I might actually get one :D

Don't think an H22 would fit, physically. Having the intake manifold on the back of the motor would make things difficult.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,940 Posts
SquishyPanda said:
Well they skipped from B to F, then H, then nothing until L. Didn't the '01+ Civic R17 come out before the L15?
Wrong...the C series is in the NSX, the d series are in the SOHC civics, I just don't think they have an E series though...
 

·
Sleeper Needs Boost!
Joined
·
2,685 Posts
A series= prelude
B series= prelude/ingetras/civics
B series= 3rd gen prelude( basterd b series) Thanks for that one butter!lol
C series= legend/CL/TL etc
D series= Civics
F series= accord/preludes/s2ks
H series= preludes/accords
J series= accord or RL? Cant remember but i think thats there v6 accords
K series= rsx/civic type r/tsx/ DC5 type-r
L series= Fit!

They skipped G and E... I wonder why?

Feel free to add more lol
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,940 Posts
TopEndLude said:
A series= prelude
B series= prelude/ingetras/civics
C series= legend/CL/TL etc
D series= Civics
F series= accord/preludes/s2ks
H series= preludes/accords
J series= accord or RL? Cant remember but i think thats there v6 accords
K series= rsx/civic type r/tsx/ DC5 type-r
L series= Fit!

They skipped G and E... I wonder why?

Feel free to add more lol
It should be

B Series
B Series (3rd gen prelude)

Since it is the bastard child of the b series engines.
 

·
Sleeper Needs Boost!
Joined
·
2,685 Posts
butterthegreat said:
It should be

B Series
B Series (3rd gen prelude)

Since it is the bastard child of the b series engines.
lol

dutchlude3gen said:
thanks
nice car looks like our Honda Jazz but then the new model
no problem man.


I wonder if they will ever put the acura rdx turbo charged engine in the fit?
 
1 - 20 of 40 Posts
Top