Honda Prelude Forum banner
41 - 60 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Someone decided to spam the site so it will be down for quite some time I can down load the pic and text to many members from scp maybe someone recognizes it

·
Registered
791 Posts
i have to say, if it get murdered i want this guy investigating it. Good job detective!

·
Cunninglinguist
8,131 Posts
I wonder if the ESP guys have seen this car around. They're nearby in Woodland Hills.

EDIT:
Also, look at this picture again, the trunk.

The trunk lid DOES have Bondo, but it's definitely from an aftermarket spoiler. For one, he has the center tail light in the back window. Two, all factory spoilers have mounts on either edge of the trunk lid, the 88/89 spoiler mounts in three places, the 90/91 mounts in four points. No factory spoiler mounts in two points like this guy's car.

The wheels look kind of like Rota Subzeros or some other brand with the same style. It's obviously a polished lip, and I can make out that it's a pattern similar to this

Also its got those blue H4 headlights. Super bright, you can't miss this thing, I mean REALLY. You CANT miss this car. Detective, you might want to throw up a post on honda-tech.com in the So-Cal regional section if you think it will help. Reaching out to a more broad community would get more eyes out on the road. OR he would just see your post, get spooked and dump the car....that's a risk you'll have to weigh of course.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
I've never seen that lude around here I live in the area good luck with the search but you should look up more info on socalprelude.com not many socal 3rd genners here.

·
Lord Magnum
1,210 Posts
So, the Vis looks, or is the same as Sakura Industry kit?

i didnt see any cars on cardomain that matched this one.
I did.

There can't be that many 88-89 Preludes in the area with the same kit, the same hood, body fill from a big wing, etc..
Evidently this car was sold in 2006 in Colton, CA, , so I'd say it's within the realm of possibility that these are the same vehicle.

I think 5 years can easily turn that /\ into that \/

Thoughts?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Please feel free to post the pics to other Prelude forums/websites...all (well..most) of the posts are very helpful...If anyone knows this car, please PM me or contact me directly at (818) 623-4045. My badge (serial) No. is 33062. You guys are good.
http://patch.com/A-dWZc[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
694 Posts
LUCIFER:

those arent H4's. look at the pattern of light and how its thrown. theres a ton of scatter. those are HID's without projectors.

without the projector lens (a good one) it will scatter the light everywhere. notice how theres a "pool" of light right in front of him then a boatload reflecting off of every other surface imaginable? scatter. thus why its cheep, hungry and lame to get HID's without the correct lenses.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
The Prelude you posted is not the car...it was junked in '09, however that was a great find. The Sakura bodykit looks interesting

So, the Vis looks, or is the same as Sakura Industry kit?

I did.

There can't be that many 88-89 Preludes in the area with the same kit, the same hood, body fill from a big wing, etc..
Evidently this car was sold in 2006 in Colton, CA, , so I'd say it's within the realm of possibility that these are the same vehicle.

I think 5 years can easily turn that /\ into that \/

Thoughts?

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
are you sure? based on a vin? was it totaled? because of their age, they total really easily. just saying it could have been a minor accident and repaired with a salvage title. or not even retitled again and could be driven around illegally. :|

it just looks wayy too similar to not be it. of course there could be another one just as hideous but with the bondo filled holes from the huge spoiler? and the body kit and wheels...

·
"THE DOCTOR IS IN"
4,376 Posts
Hello LAPDDETECTIVE and welcome to preludepower.com. Please try to make people private message you, cause it might be dangerous for the people posting in here. Especially that there are a lot of people posting that dont have more than 20 years old.

For the users of preludepower.com, show respect with the detective and show how polite preludepower.com members are.

Dont forget that this isnt a joke, and it could be very important for the person who was killed.

I will make a thread in the Administration section, so the owners of this site are aware of this investigation.

Thanks and good luck.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
ok my 2 sense is that there is a difference in body kits

first off compare the spot infront of the rear wheel there is no vent to the wheel. but i will agree the rear bumper is part of the sakura kit

this one does

so as far as body kit goes how do we know that the owner was using a body kit for another car and making it fit our year?

Also this car looks like its about to go and get a paint job done. so by the time anyone really finds this car (that is if they havn't already parted it out and sold the pieces) its gunna look different than when the photos lapd detective posted and about the reverse lights i disagree the reverse lights are to high
take note as to how bright the lights are and take note that the headlights arent up in this photo so the lights that are coming on in the back are either brake lights or reverse lights

and here is brakes and running lights

to me this car seems like a the 90-91 style. if we had the video of the security camera to tell what is happening with the lights then we would be able to tell if its the 88-89 model or the 90-91 model and whether its a 4ws model or not.

·
Premium Member
17,737 Posts
Listen dipshits, if you don't have anything useful to add to this "investigation", then go troll off topic. I'm sick of deleting posts by retards and the responses to them.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Props to this detective, very good idea to post this up. This guy may have been a member or someone from LA may have recognized this.

A little advice: Post the same info on socalprelude.com

They may have seen it driving around.
I just thought about looking there too, derrick, but it's down right now..

41 - 60 of 78 Posts