Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ha yea i was driving around tonight and i got bored so i decided hey ill go a little fast and play around a little bit a half mile down the road everythings fine then i see it im goin about 70 and see the glare of my headlights off of the emergency lights of a law enforcement vehicle lol coming the other way and then as i passed i c law enforcement brakelights shining as bright as possible and law enforcement vehicle turning around so i gunned it i was only a quarter mile or less from my house and there was no way i was getting a ticket i was goin about 110 and slowed down pulled in my driveway and shut off my lights as i drove on to my house as im goin i c blue lights go flying past my driveway thru my passenger side window thank god he didnt get me but he couldnt have possibly seen my car cus if it hadnt have been for the reflectiveness of his lights i wouldnt have seen him anyway glad he didnt catch me wonder if hes still lookin for me? LOL sorry just thought id share on one of the scariest moments
Posted via Mobile

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Been there before, gotta be safe, they have 24 hrs to find your car and they can still charge you with reckless driving and speeding etc. so i wouldnt go anywhere
Posted via Mobile

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
yeah ive done that before... its pretty crazy but yeah lay low and stuff... he prob didnt see exactly what your car looked like and stuff so youll prob be good

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Dumb. You deserve a reckless op ticket.

110 in what i'm assuming is a residential area?

You could have never stopped if a little kid chasing a ball ran out in the street, or a deer ran out, hell a parked car if you were too busy watching your mirror and not the road ahead of you.

I appoligize that I do not support what you learned in a video game, but if you need an adrenaline rush hit up a local track.

I'm glad to see that it scared you, learn from it please.

·
Registered
6,273 Posts
Don't assume that will work again next time. You get caught running your ass is grass.

·
SHELL SHOCK!
832 Posts
^^^:dito:^^^

It's one thing to do that stuff on a deserted back road and risk only your life, but when others could be involved... Seriously, had you hit a child, you would have been in jail. You would have been lucky to only get manslaughter had that happend.

·
Premium Member
5,104 Posts
It's good you experienced this and had the outcome you did. Now you have lived to live another day, and tomorrow you're more wise.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
IT was on a backroad and noone was around i wudnt speed on a residential road or even in the city
Posted via Mobile

·
SHELL SHOCK!
832 Posts
shut up all of you have done it too
I admit I have done shit on empty backroads with noone around for atleast 5 miles (houses and cars alike) But never with anyone in the car with me, or around to get hurt. I also have never ran from the cops. But this isn't my thread to steel.

OP, I take back most of my harshness cause you stated noone was around, and you were not in town. All is well then, but still a dumb ass (in a good way) for evasion of pursuit.

·
Registered
89 Posts
probly the scarriest time ive ever had was i was driving about 70 on a 2 lane road the speed limit was 45 and it was night time and i see this car comming up on me probly doin like 80-85 and i let em pass and i look over and see lights and state police stickers and i was like oh fuck but then i fallowed him all the way to walmart and he kept going but i was scared for like 2 minutes like wtf but i guess there was something much bigger than me happening

·
Registered
956 Posts
MAP LEGEND
QUEENS,NY <--- NASSAU <--- SUFFOLK

Mine was last summer when I was heading back to Queens,NY from the Suffolk area and I ran into a Teggie and a Civic and we gunned it heading to the Manahttan direction going about 130MPH. I had about a 5 car lead ahead of them and for some reason I had a feeling I should stop bc there might be cops around the Nassau area and so I began to slow down and the Civic and Teggie jet pass by me mad quick!!!

........About 4 exits later I see a 2 Dodge Charger Highway Patrol cars having both of them pulled over!!! So I kindly passed by them honking at them all and the cops including the guys in the civic n teggie looked and I jus laughed and continued to drive by!!!

From that point on I learned that I do a lot of stupid things that I shouldn't have and there are times im lucky and times I'm not but that overall I should jus play it safe and jus drive like a normal Chinaman!!! (driving slow and on the wrong lane!!! :rofl:)

Moral of it all is to drive safe so nobody gets hurt!!! :top:

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
OP: your common sense is as bad as your grammar

You might have just gotten a speeding ticket but if he caught you then you get a huge speeding ticket, reckless driving and evading police. Not worth the risk. I guarantee the cops cruiser can go faster than your lude. Not to mention you could have wrecked or hit someone else. I had a friend that died in a car wreck in high school because some jackass was speeding and trying to get away from a cop to avoid a 110$ ticket for running a stop sign. 110$ cost my friend his life.

·
Idiotic Thread Locker!
11,000 Posts
I sincerely hope this was not in a residential area or you are an idiot for going that fast.

I have evaded once, though it was on a backroad and I was only going about 15 over (only 60 in a 45) and the cop was going the other way and as I passed his blue lights and brake lights went on. It was almost dark out and I had a shot to make it to a crossroads before he could get turned around...I did and continued out of sight with the quickness, no sense to get a stupid ticket for 15 over on a deserted backroad. Going 110 in a residential area on the other hand.....

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
i have to agree... 110 in a residential area is incredibly irresponsible. one thing is evading the cops by doing 150 on a deserted highway and potentially killing only yourself...
i'd anything over 60 in residential would not give a car backing out the time to see you before you hit them or evade and run through someones house and kill their brand new golden retriever puppy or a child...
i would honestly say when im doing like 50 in residential areas like my house i get a sense that im doing something dangerous and slow down to about 35

1 - 20 of 56 Posts