Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yoo guys… Today me and my friend were looking at my engine to figure some stuff out when I noticed that there was oil all over my axle boot. So I thought my boot was leaking and my friend told me that I needed a new axle boot. So I put my car on jack stands and looked at my boot and I noticed it wasn’t leaking then I looked up and I see a hole about the size of a dime on my transmission case. I was wondering what to do? My friend told me to weld it up or epoxy it up? What should I do??

·
Registered
4,493 Posts
Before bothering to fix the hole, maybe you should try to find out WHY there is a hole in the first place. Could be a much bigger problem than just a hole.

·
RHD Pimpin
10,152 Posts
I have a hole in my tranny bell housing, and I just put some JB weld on it to fix the hole. It's still holding up quite nicely...For a quick fix, I say use JB weld, expecially for a small hole like that. It's either pay over $500 for another tranny or $5 for JB weld. That does look like axle greese built up around your axle though

·
HipHopHeadd
1,339 Posts
Wow. Wonder what caused that? Anyway if it were me I would flush out the fluid, clean up the mess/ refill the fluid/ jb weld the hole/ hope nothing is damaged in the trans.

Like ^ said it is better to spend 5 bucks first. The trans might be damaged but you wont know unless you fix the hole first.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well we cant figure out what made the hole??? Plus my car still runs strong. I think Ill try what you said prylwd and what kind of fluid should I use and how many qaurts???

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
it looks like somthing got caught up in the cv boot or axle and was spinning car strange looking... the lest expensive is to try some JG weld or have someone weld it but it's hard because it has to be free of oil or it will ignite. give JB a shot as the worst thing that can happen is you need a trans ...

·
HipHopHeadd
1,339 Posts
Use Honda MTF (manual trans fluid). I think about 2-3 quarts.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
penzoil syncromesh works wonders

1 - 9 of 9 Posts