Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 88 prelude 4Ws si fuel injected lude, that is reving at 2000, in gear i dont have to use the gas pedal, the car goes anyways and when in neutral revs high. if you have any idea what this could be id appretiate it...ive checked the TB and cleaned it, and suspect that its a vacuum seal/leak any details as well on how to fix (the vacuum) thatd be great.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Well when I try and find vacuum leaks, I take a can of carb cleaner, spray it around the vacuum lines, with the car on, if you have a leak, the car will bog slightly when you spray the carb cleaner near the leak.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I have an 88 prelude 4Ws si fuel injected lude, that is reving at 2000, in gear i dont have to use the gas pedal, the car goes anyways and when in neutral revs high. if you have any idea what this could be id appretiate it...ive checked the TB and cleaned it, and suspect that its a vacuum seal/leak any details as well on how to fix (the vacuum) thatd be great.

actually it probably is the IDLE adjusting screw located on top of the throttle body next to a vacuum hose wrapped in red fabric.

look closely its kinda hard to see.
turn it to the right with a flat head screw driver,screw it in all the way and see if your idle changes.

if your idle does'nt change than your idle air control valve is going bad. that is mounted in front of the intake manifold behind the fuel rail with a two wire clip and two little coolant hoses connected to it on either side.

·
Premium Member
761 Posts
maybe someone can help me to

i have 88 si and when engine is cold after maybe 2-3km when i stop at light, the rpm is going very low..like 300 and he stay there..i need to putt it to neutral possition to get good rpm

·
Registered
799 Posts
Also check your TPS, it can cause high revs also.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts