Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to be buying a new motor for the lude soon. Just getting a feeling for where people buy motors from I am in north Georgia, and there are a few local places around here.

I am not going H22, I am thinking of another H23 or an F22.

I did do some searches but none of the results were very straight to the point

thanks

Devin

·
Registered
383 Posts
Hmotorsonline.com is a good place.But why not a H22. Unless u plan on boost. I would choose the H22. I own both. H23 are only good boosted form my experince. H22 is like making love to a hot supermodel. H23 and F22 is like making love to a stove.

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
There's nothing wrong with the H23 or F22. They are both cheaper than the H22. To answer the question: It depends on whether you plan to do it yourself or take it to a shop. My shop has connections where they can get a good engine with a nice warranty (H22) for just over $1000. Might even be cheaper now seeing as last time I checked was last year.

·
Registered
841 Posts
H22 is like making love to a hot supermodel. H23 and F22 is like making love to a stove.
Thats going in my siggy for a bit. lol

·
Registered
763 Posts
if you wanna do extensive work such as boost, f22 or h23
if you just want to swap a fresh motor with decent power, H22.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
h22 enough said...

·
Registered
1,277 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
go h22 from hmotorsonline.com and do the manual tensioner swap
thats my plan which is underway as we speak. ordered my H double duce about 5 hours ago

·
Registered
838 Posts
The thread's not about which motor to pic... I'm pretty sure he's a big boy and can make his own decisions.

Where at in north Georgia, and which shops do you know of??
Some of them order from HMO, so you'd be in luck there..

·
Registered
133 Posts
The thread's not about which motor to pic... I'm pretty sure he's a big boy and can make his own decisions.

Where at in north Georgia, and which shops do you know of??
Some of them order from HMO, so you'd be in luck there..
^lol

talk to steve at hmo he will hook you up good
but on the website you wont find a f22 on there
only a jdm h23a but.. think.. 150$ more gets you vtec

F22B you cant find parts for

·
Registered
1,277 Posts

·
Registered
2,666 Posts
You wouldn't need all that because the transmissions are interchangeable. Axles and shifter cables etc. would all be the same.

·
Registered
888 Posts
If I were to do the h22 swap would I need Axles with Half Shaft, Shifter Cables, and Shifter Assembly or will I just need the motor, intake manifold, tranny, ecu?
I currently have a H23.
You would just need the h22 motor, p13 ecu, and wire the vtec if your wire harness doesn't already come pre-wired for it.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts