Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys just made an account to get some help with this issue, so I had a low rough idle problem at cold starts and decided to clean my FITV, i dissembled it and then reassembled it and found lots of rust into the flow port for the valve, after it was cleaned i put it all back together and did NOT touch the iacv, now my car idles at 4,000 rpm also noticed my throttle gasket is in half but i bolted it on tightly i dont know why its so high pls help ;-;

·
Registered
1989 Accord LXi Coupe; 1989 Prelude 2.0s; 1964 Dodge Dart GT: 1993 Kawasaki ZX-11; 1982 Honda CB900
338 Posts
If idle is high I typically check the water level in the radiator. Low H20 can give false readings to the IACV, causing high idle or pulsing. Its also a great time to R&R all the temp sensors. They are cheap, and the OEM ones are OLD, OLD, OLD....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If idle is high I typically check the water level in the radiator. Low H20 can give false readings to the IACV, causing high idle or pulsing. Its also a great time to R&R all the temp sensors. They are cheap, and the OEM ones are OLD, OLD, OLD....
Coolant is superb and up to level, I should replace the sensors that’s a good idea and today I used rtv gasket goop to reseal my fitv and its ring seals and i repaired a the cracked plastic bit that holds the valve in, i screwed it in all the way and loosened 540° as you apparently should and my throttle body gasket was cracked in half so i cleaned up both surfaced and will rtv that back on too, I’ll give an update if it’s still idling high if so I might just use a h22 throttle body and route the cooling hoses to the fitv back to the engine or something thanks for the response!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts