Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking through some of dh-racing's parts and stumbled on this head gasket that is surpposed to raise compression by .5. My questions are would it be safe to trust it would last and work as good as the factory headgasket and could i use type s pistons to without them punching through the head. also is anyone using this gasket. If this is in the wrong section im sorry.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
you can use that gasket as long as the bore is 87mm. I would not recomend using it over OEM even for a CLAIMED .5 comp increase. trust me the difference between 10:1 comp and 11:1 is almost unnoticable....imagine just half that...not worth all the work for a gasket change that isnt OEM.

what im trying to say is no dont do it

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you can use that gasket as long as the bore is 87mm. I would not recomend using it over OEM even for a CLAIMED .5 comp increase. trust me the difference between 10:1 comp and 11:1 is almost unnoticable....imagine just half that...not worth all the work for a gasket change that isnt OEM.

what im trying to say is no dont do it

o ok but would it be worth if i had built up the head at the same time(cams, camgears, valves, dual valve springs and retainers) because i would pulling the head off just for a gasket it wouldn't need and im possibly putting in higher compression pistons at the same time not sure which ones yet.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts