Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
um. both lol.

A projector is a lens type.

A HID is a type of bulb, the compliment eachother nicely.

·
BAN ALL MODS!!!
2,149 Posts
Search the difference. For us it is H4 housings or mostly custom.

·
BAN ALL MODS!!!
2,149 Posts
HID are the bulb. Projectors are just how the light output is shown. If you have just HID lights it will look like a brighter bulb. If you put HID with a projector you can concentrate that light.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hm i got it i really like the hid projector set up
cause i like the bite but i dont have the money for the hids

·
Registered
217 Posts
these are what headlights with projector lens look like on a 3g. u can get them from ebay they are all over the place. HID is the bulb type that goes inside to actually produce the light that is concentrated through the projector lens.

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
these are what headlights with projector lens look like on a 3g. u can get them from ebay they are all over the place. HID is the bulb type that goes inside to actually produce the light that is concentrated through the projector lens.
hey i thought i was the only one here with those projector headlights, do they suck for you too? or is it just me cause mine both point towards the stars? well its good for blip-ping stop lights to make them change over faster :smile:

dude...i love your signature...i cant stop watching it!!!
yeah that shit is pretty funny, and damn that leg is vicious!

·
Registered
217 Posts
haha mine was blinding the stars too when i got them but i adjusted them as low as possible, they are better now. haha i do the same exact thing to make them change faster. do u got HID's put into them?

·
Registered
119 Posts
hid's w/ projector lens

i got em, you'll like em lot, very bright at night. now u can get them both for $100. mine is the 12000k.

·
BAN ALL MODS!!!
2,149 Posts
i got em, you'll like em lot, very bright at night. now u can get them both for $100. mine is the 12000k.

What do you like about 12K lights? Those are the pink color correct? Can you take a night shot to see how it looks, because there is no way 12K lights are going to be better than 6K lights for actual visability.

·
Registered
10,750 Posts
I simply don't understand anyone who decides what headlights the yhave by how they look to others or how they are perceived as being 'cool', even though that may mean they annoy everyone else on the road.
Especially as it means paying as little as possible for cheap stuff that doesn't work very well. /rant

The whole point of headlights is to allow you to see where you are going.
In which case a good upgrade is the crystal headlight units and some decent H4 bulbs. Like the NightBreakers.

This is what I use now and they are extremely effective.
But probably don't look cool like HIDs so aren't of interest to many.

·
Registered
119 Posts
check it out

the night pics are on www.cardomain.com/id/c32amg13

got mine 5yrs ago, still workin fine. 12k is purplish, but mine looks whiter due to the super white bulb inside lens too.

6,8,10,12-doesn't matter, it's whatever u like and yes i like blinding people in front of me.

·
BAN ALL MODS!!!
2,149 Posts
the night pics are on www.cardomain.com/id/c32amg13

got mine 5yrs ago, still workin fine. 12k is purplish, but mine looks whiter due to the super white bulb inside lens too.

6,8,10,12-doesn't matter, it's whatever u like and yes i like blinding people in front of me.
See thats where you are wrong, it does matter. Because you are changing the color of the light from yellow being around 3.5K to pink/purple 12K, you are changing the visible light to see for driving. It is a safety issue more so for the driver not being able to see what is coming towards them because the light color was not designed for save driving conditions.

4-6 K lights should be optimal driving light, and the safest for you and other drivers around. OP, if you choose to get either a HID kit, or projectors that can utilize a HID kit, or even if you choose standard bulbs. Make sure you choose a color that is in the 4-6K range as you will be able to actually see the road.

·
Registered
118 Posts
No matter the bulp temp. on an HID kit it is better than any kind of regular bulbs but Flshman is right.4300K and 6K are the brightest.The higher the number the less visibility.I have 8K HID's and that is PLENTY bright enough.and I used the ebay H4 conversions.I have retrofitted Lexus projectors into one so far and it is much better because I don't light up the tops of trees with the REAL projector:)
Lexus projector with 8K HID on the left...egay projector with 8K on the right

·
Registered
217 Posts
with the projectors, what did u use to seal the headlight housing after u were done putting the lexus lens inside?

·
Premium Member
862 Posts
No matter the bulp temp. on an HID kit it is better than any kind of regular bulbs but Flshman is right.4300K and 6K are the brightest.The higher the number the less visibility.I have 8K HID's and that is PLENTY bright enough.and I used the ebay H4 conversions.I have retrofitted Lexus projectors into one so far and it is much better because I don't light up the tops of trees with the REAL projector:)
Lexus projector with 8K HID on the left...egay projector with 8K on the right
i'd like to see how you did that... i have the crappy h4 housings, but i'd really like to have a real projector lens.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts