Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just put in a new hid kit on my 5th gen. the problem is they dont shine down at the road. i tried using the adjust screws but no change. any thoughts?

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
The H1 bulbs are a pain to install because the H1 HIDs dont have a retainer built in. You have to make sure the 2 tabs on each HID bulb are sitting in the 2 notches in the headlight housing.

Mine did the same thing, i rigged the HID bulbs by super gluing 2 small pieces of plastic to the small HID bulb base. Then you have to rig a round retainer made of plastic that will hold everything in with the factory clip.

It all boils down to the headlight not sitting in the notches correctly, once i rigged mine they were aimed perfectly. Then you can fine tune with the screws

·
Registered
562 Posts
or you could cut up the rubber part into a circle housing and jam in into place =D

·
Registered
18 Posts
Whatever you do just keep in mind that headlights are very important on your car, I dont suggest jamming anything into place. You dont wanna be riding on the highway one night and your lights pop out of place. Headlights on a car are extremely delicate , especially HIDS, trust me I installed a lot of them. Best option for you are clips

1 - 10 of 10 Posts