Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys wondering if anyone has a set of dual bike carbs or quad bike carbs with an accelerator pump they are willing to part with something with a bigger venturi then stock carbs

or if anyone can point me in the right direction as to what bike the quad carb setup is on or a great dual carb setup is on would be much appreciated

looking to add some hp to the racecar and need to help her breathe!!!

·
Registered
5,593 Posts
Bigger carbs

are you able to fabricate new inlet manifold?
If not then maybe easier to get weber manifold from NewZealand and use pair of Weber/Dellorto/Mikuni/SK racing side draught carbs.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Rjudgey yes I could fabricate a intake manifold

I have a a20a3 with an a18 head a18 head shaved about 30 thousandths looking for a set of bike carbs with the right size venture and accelerator pump for the squirt off the corner in the circle track

what would be optimal venture size for dual carb setup?

·
Registered
5,593 Posts
extra breathing

Depends on the camshaft you intend on running.

I would say with something around 260-270 degrees duration with around 10mm lift with the 2.0l bore size you are now running, and the extra high compression ratio (presume your also got a decent Header and Exhaust system) I'd go no smaller than at least 38mm but 40mm would be more ideal in this scenario you may have to go with a Weber/Dellorto setup which have a Venturi that can be swapped out from 34mm to 40mm if you go for 45mm size body, if you really get into this engine build and want more power then Weber DCO SP 48 can give you upto 44mm venturi size and power can be had with bigger valves with slimmer stems and you could be looking at power around 230bhp with 180lbft with power band of between 4500-8500rpm. And I still believe more can be had from these engines especially if you can get the internals lightened with light weight rods, titanium wrist pins, and lighter forged pistons etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts