Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a check engine light so my mechanic and I ran a diognostic on it and a code saying something to the effect of "to much fuel" came on with no number. so we cleared out the code and now it runs like crap: very loud at all RPMs, No power, rev limiter at 3 1/2 grand, and a vary rough idle. I have no Idea what to do and I don't have the money to take it to a honda dealer. Please Help.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
its probrably not your ecu. those are very strange sypmtoms. there are a number of reasons for too much fuel. possibly bad fuel pressure regulator, maybe bad o2 sensor which really shoudlnt hurt yout that much. plus you would get a code for bad 02 sensor. you could try resetting your ecu too see if it helps, but i think its unlikely you have bad ecu. get the code and consult a helms manual

·
Registered
127 Posts
Since the rev limiter is at 3 1/2k It might be your knock sensor and crank shaft position sensor, this is why it is off idle too. Anybody think my suggestion is wrong? Correct me, but mine had same problem with rev, it ended up being those 2 sensors

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well, after driving it a little more, I don't think it is so much of a rev limiter. But more like it won't rev very high because there is no power. I also think one of my major problems is a clogged cat converter. getting that fixed tomarrow, but I still have to figure out the CEL.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
yea a clogged cat will defintely cause some problems.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts