Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm really considering buying an oem lip kit, but I can't find anywhere else to buy it other then handaaccessories. The total would be $928.50 if I bought it from there. And it's not even silver to match my car.

Has anybody actually purchased their oem lip kit from that site?
If so, how much did you pay for the paint job to match your car?

Are there any other places we can buy an oem lip kit besides this site? I really think the oem lip kit shows the beauty of the prelude instead of the stock skirts.

Does anyone also have pics of a silver honda prelude with an oem lip kit?

Thanks guys!

·
Banned
4,812 Posts
well. paint is going to cost based on the shop you take it to. i had my oem front lip painted to match my car for a deal though b/c of my sis bf. but i would say like 400ish for a decent paint job.

as where to get them...sometimes if you look on forums ppl may be parting theirs out or selling the whole thing at once. guess you got to get lucky really to get a deal on one now a day. ebay sells replica fiberglass ones...but i wouldnt do that route.

edge2lyfe has a nordicmist color prelude with a oem lip kit. extinct had a full oem lip kit in that satin silver color before he got a wise square bumper. i dont have any pics offhand of them at the moment though. search for extincts and edge2lyfe sn's in the members list and look through their threads with his car

edit: just incase...my car has oem front lip, wwrs sides/rear

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
I bought from H and A awhile back when they still had Nighthawk avail.
You may want to try craigslist. I use to see them all the time in craigslist...but that was in the Los Angeles craigslist. ...of course it would be used.

·
Registered
67 Posts
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Rare-Full-Set-OEM-JDM-97-01-Honda-Prelude-Body-Lip-Kit_W0QQitemZ110338995029QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item110338995029&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=72%3A1171%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

Buy this one....It's a knock off......But for a fraction of the cost.....

I bought the Real OEM one off Handa...(
http://www.handa-accessories.com/).....I spent $1000 bucks.....And a shop I know painted each peice for $60 bucks. So paint was $240.

But I wanted the honda fitment.

·
Banned
4,812 Posts
fiberglass will crack easily if you bump it. the fitment isnt always there...ususally will have to take it to a body shop which is gonna charge the price up to what you would be paying to just get the real deal...then more than likely it will crack after a while. unless you live with the most perfect smooth roads ever and never see a bump

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
fiberglass will crack easily if you bump it. the fitment isnt always there...ususally will have to take it to a body shop which is gonna charge the price up to what you would be paying to just get the real deal...then more than likely it will crack after a while. unless you live with the most perfect smooth roads ever and never see a bump
haha alright that just convinced me never ever to get fiberglass lol

·
Registered
67 Posts
Yah, I thought I would stop after having these Forged Centerlines.......But I getting bored again...

Looking at Buddy Club P1 Racing II Plus in Hyper Gold.

·
Registered
67 Posts
BUT I MUST ADD.

Oem is nice fitment. But don't think it is always the best. My kits been on for years....4 or 5.

The OEM kit front and rear are a more bendable plastic......But the sides are a harder plastic.

My side skirts were they meet the fender have cracked I I had to repair them.....The AZ summers have made it bridle. I took one off to fix the crack on the front fender area......And in the process the rear area cracked when I was installing it back on...I bearly banged it....And crack.

I really wish I would have gone with the Carbon fiber seibon kit But kept the OEM front....It's about the same price and can take a beating.......But not a carbon front.....

·
SoCal Prelude Member
746 Posts
I bought the whole kit from handa. That is exactly how much I payed. Then I had to pay 280 to get it painted.

·
got 사랑?
572 Posts
try hondapartscheap.com

i just ordered a pair of side skirts cause my originals cracked. I believe you can choose the paint color

1 - 20 of 25 Posts