Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased an Alpine IDA-X200 Receiver with the iPod control. I was wondering what you guys think would be a good place to run the cable to for the iPod control, and also how would I run it to that location. I was thinking in the armrest somehow because that would provide the easiest access but I do not know how I could get it there without it looking tacky. I have a 94 Si by the way.

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
how about the glovebox? That's what I did for my ida-x001. If you control the ipod with your headunit, since it's like any ida, then once you plug it, you wont have to touch it. Plus, you can lock your glovebox and you have the ease of mind that your ipod is somewhat safe if a break-in happened.

As far as accomplishing what you want, it's simply being clever about hiding the cable, you might have to take apart pieces of the console to gain access to running the cable through.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I just purchased an Alpine IDA-X200 Receiver with the iPod control. I was wondering what you guys think would be a good place to run the cable to for the iPod control, and also how would I run it to that location. I was thinking in the armrest somehow because that would provide the easiest access but I do not know how I could get it there without it looking tacky. I have a 94 Si by the way.

Thanks for the help.
I have the Alpine IDA-X100 and what I did bought the IPOD cable and additional 15 dollars? I don't know what set up you had but I ran the IPOD cable through the din I made a small whole though the din. below the actual IDA-X100.

Will post pics of my IDA-X100 tommorow

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Ive got the Alpine iDA-X001 the version before yours... Had it for a long time and i'm 100% happy with it. In the 5th gen there is a pocket under the radio and i made a hole there and put my ipod there for a long time...I changed locations cause fishing it out of that hole was hard every time i parked my car... Its now in the glove compartment and its way easier to get. Watch out for leaving the ipod outside in extreme heat/cold cause it will freeze up.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I ran mine to the glove box, it was almost to easy to run the cable throught the back. I have a single zip-tie keeping the cable in place in the glove box so it doesn't retract back behind the stereo, and a couple more behind the stereo to keep the cable coiled up and tidy.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Ive got the Alpine iDA-X001 the version before yours... Had it for a long time and i'm 100% happy with it. In the 5th gen there is a pocket under the radio and i made a hole there and put my ipod there for a long time...I changed locations cause fishing it out of that hole was hard every time i parked my car... Its now in the glove compartment and its way easier to get. Watch out for leaving the ipod outside in extreme heat/cold cause it will freeze up.
4th gens don't have glove boxes LOL!

·
NOMnomNOM
3,270 Posts
4th gens don't have glove boxes LOL!
thats what i was going to say. 4gs don't have glove boxes. i just put mine in th center console (rare 93 arm wrest, future 94 console)

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys for all the help. I ended up putting it in the center console.

My Alpine Type S speakers are due to get here by Tuesday. Does anyone have any tips that would make the install a bit easier. I know all the steps but any little tricks would help. Also should I use the cable that comes with the components to wire up the tweeters or just use the factory wiring.

Thanks for all the help.

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
As long as the wiring that comes with the speakers is the same gauge as the stock ones you should be fine just using the stock wiring but if it looks different I would run the provided wires. What kind of amp are you hooking those up to?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts