Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
What kind if map is being used? If its the h22a map provided by the aem support forum you will need to uave a tuner tweak the tune a bit as that partucular map has some poor programming in it.

·
Super Moderator
6,345 Posts
I think he means intake

Check for vacuum leaks. And the bypass line from the stock airbox is capped at the intake manifold

·
Opinionated Bastard
7,258 Posts
Did you bleed the lines for the Idle Air Control Valve when you removed the hard pipes from the stock intake? If not, that's probably the cause of it. Air pockets get into the coolant lines and trick it into idling high or low.

What kind if map is being used? If its the h22a map provided by the aem support forum you will need to uave a tuner tweak the tune a bit as that partucular map has some poor programming in it.
He is talking about an AEM V2 intake.

·
Premium Member
7,417 Posts
^ What Mommy said. There is a bleeder valve on your thermostat housing. 12mm socket wrench with an extension is all that is needed. Open the bleeder valve open, crack the rad cap open (car completely cooled), add fluid until coolant starts spitting out of the bleeder valve. Tighten the valve closed and start the car up. This could fix your issue. Having air in your coolant system can cause this exact issue.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you everyone. Yes sorry I wasn't more specific but it is the AEM v2 intake. I will try these very helpful suggestions and tell you guys how it went!

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
ROFL, my bad, I thought you meant the ems Series 2 which is commonly referred to as the ems V2. Too funny.

·
Super Moderator
6,345 Posts
:jehon:

Removing coolant lines for the intake? I've always been able to just pull the hard line directly out of the intake and push it to the side :lol:

·
Opinionated Bastard
7,258 Posts
I removed my hard pipes when I installed my short ram. Mainly because I'm one of those whackjobs who cares entirely too much what the engine bay looks like. :rofl:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Okay for the update. I did bleed out the coolant and refilled. Started the engine and it goes up to 4k rpm then back down to 2k and rev up and down again between 2k and 3k.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Okay took it out for a drive it now goes from 1000 rpm to 1500 rpm when idle but everything else drives fine

·
Super Moderator
6,345 Posts
What all did you remove prior to install?

Is that vacuum line I mentioned capped at the manifold?

photos help a great deal

how's your throttle cable slack?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Super Moderator
6,345 Posts
On the backside of your intake manifold - at the top. There are (2) vacuum lines and one nipple with a cap (right next to the throttle body)

One of these lines goes to the cruise control - the other if memory serves me right, goes to the factory intake. Try to cap the one that does not go to your cruise control and see if that makes a difference.

·
Registered
678 Posts
Okay took it out for a drive it now goes from 1000 rpm to 1500 rpm when idle but everything else drives fine
Your symptoms you report sound like vacuum issue but i know that aftermarket air boxes(CAI/RAI) can sometimes cause erratic idling. Put the factory air intake box/plumbing back in factory form and report back w/results. You didn't get a CEL at any point after the symptoms started to occur?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts