Honda Prelude Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have a 1989 Prelude Si 4WS with the amber and red talilights, does n e one kno if the 1990-1991 Si Red/white talilights fit.I kno you need to rewire the reverse blulbs but do the new ones bolt up??Help ! thanks

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hey,

First of all let me say that I am confused by your name, Accordspeed69?

Regardless, to answer your question, it is possible to convert your taillights to the 90-91, but from seeing people on this site that have done it, it does look rather involved.

A perfect link to check out is from Chrisnl's site, located here:

HTML:
http://www.prelude3.com/Exterior/taillight%20conversion/taillight%20conversion.htm

He does a great job at laying out what is necessary to complete the conversion.

There are also other post on this site of other members who have done the same thing. Use the search function to find those post.

Good luck.

·
Premium Member
399 Posts
If you don't want to get quite as involved as chris.nl did with his, you can just drill holes that match up with the 90-91 tails.

Obviously, the way chris did it is the right way, and it looks better because everything was made to work together, but I know of plenty of people that have gone the lazy route because there was no welding involved.

Matt

·
12,918 Posts
It's not the lazier route.. it's the more simple and cheap route.. not everyone has 300$ to spend on a rear 90-91 panel and have it welded in place by a shop.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Aiight thanks guys, but my username was from my last car which was a 93 Accord, 5-speed. I'm gonna drill holes and bolt in the lights. Peace!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.