Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my high pressure power steering line is full of leaks and I finally got around to getting a replacement. I've managed to get the old line out, I had to cut it on either side of the speed sensor to remove that. Now I cant for the life of me figure out how to get the new line in place, specifically the end part that goes into the transmission. It seems impossible to get the metal bendy part around everything without bending the crap out of it.

This isn't my specific line but it has a similar end metal part where i'm stuck.

I've read its rather fragile so I'm trying not to bend it. I've had the best luck coming in from the drivers left rotor on the side, but it seems impossible to route it around all the little corners. I couldn't even get the old one out without cutting it.

Any tips?

Also my nice K&N air filter is dirty from all the power steering fluid, can i clean it or should i just replace it?

Thanks ludes!:smilejap:

·
Premium Member
4,294,967,295 Posts
Mine was a bitch to get out but I didn't have to cut it. I replaced mine with an ss braided reroute from Sean, 1funryd. The k&n filter can be cleaned. They sell a cleaner and oil spray can to prime it for use again. You might be able to get it locally. I was just going to buy mine from http://amazon.com

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I ended up manhandling the crap out of it to get it to fit in. First I ran the bottom bendy part up and around the center beam, then I ran the rest of it up and around the back of the engine. No leeks yet fingers crossed. I swear the car seems peppier now, the old line leaked so much i think it was sucking horsepower trying to maintain pressure.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts