Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Danny D's second in Command
4,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ladies and guys and aliens.
I recently bought some rotas that were originally black but the last owner painted them blue. well my question is --> Is there anything i can use that will safely remove the top layer of paint and leave the original black paint?

I noticed i had a break fluid leak and it started making the blue peel off slightly on the inner part of the wheel.
THanks in advance.

·
Registered
221 Posts
not really. anything i can think of will damage the black.

besides, the previous owner probably sanded and scuffed up the black so that his blue paint would stick. looks like your going to have to strip the wheel completely.

·
Danny D's second in Command
4,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
will paint thinner work?

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
Hi ladies and guys and aliens.
I recently bought some rotas that were originally black but the last owner painted them blue. well my question is --> Is there anything i can use that will safely remove the top layer of paint and leave the original black paint?

I noticed i had a break fluid leak and it started making the blue peel off slightly on the inner part of the wheel.
THanks in advance.

About the only thing that might work is to sand off the blue and then put a clear coat over the black. If the black is thick enough this will work but it's a lot of trouble. I think I would strip all the paint and have them powder coated. PC is more durable anyway.

C|

1 - 4 of 4 Posts