Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I removed the ttwo screws on both sides of the trunk lid. I figured it would come right off after that. I was wrong. I've pulled to the point where I thought I may damage my trunk lid. Is it also held on with double sided tape or am I just overlooking something. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

·
RHD Pimpin
10,152 Posts
did you disconnect the wires? It's not double sided tape, it's just a foam type material so it doesn't scratch the paint.

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No I havent disconnected the wires yet. Thats not what would be holding it on so tight is it? I mean it wont budge, it feels like its on there good.

·
RHD Pimpin
10,152 Posts
It's only those (4) 10mm bolts holding it on...Every time I've taken a spoiler off a trunk lid, they just come right off without any problems.

·
Registered
7,189 Posts
yeah, i'm thinking he has to be missing some bolts.

it'd also be a good idea to disconnect it before you yank it off.. you don't want to be pulling those wires anymore than you have to.

·
RHD Pimpin
10,152 Posts
killer98lude said:
hey what are you doing with your spoilr cause i would not mind having it if you are planning on getting rid of it
What color is your car? I would like to get rid of my trunk lid w/spoiler. I have a Crystal Blue Metalic Prelude, and I want to trade for a spoilerless trunk

·
Registered
188 Posts
prelude1897 said:
What color is your car? I would like to get rid of my trunk lid w/spoiler. I have a Crystal Blue Metalic Prelude, and I want to trade for a spoilerless trunk
Refer to post # 9

1 - 11 of 11 Posts