Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi
i was driving home when i hit a gay ass ramp, my car is lowered, and while driving home i realize my car is making a lot of smokes and when i got out to check whats wrong, i see hella pink fluid leaking but i cant tell where the leak is.

does anyone know whats wrong with it?

thanks

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Only way to know is to find the leak and solve it.

It could be the radiator cooler (bottom 2 skinny hoses that come out of the radiator is the cooler)

Or maybe you cracked the transmission housing

find the leak. wipe EVERYTHING down and see where it forms.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
but it is making little amount of white smokes
and the atf fluid seem to be all over the left side of my car
and i just going to wait it out

but let me know how to fix this -_-

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
how much do you think it would be to fix a leak like this? just a estimate, cuz i am pretty sure something is broken

·
Registered
1,317 Posts

Ha! I LOVE IT! "I'm not going to do anything right now, but tell me how to fix it." :banghead:
The smoke is from the ATF spraying on your hot engine. Whatever you do, don't drive it anymore. Auto trannies are sensative enough, let alone without you driving it with low or no fluid. Find your leak and fix it.

·
The Australian
5,058 Posts
lmao funny ass thread
reading/listening pwns him

·
HOME GROWN HOMIE
5,819 Posts
atf has a very distinct smell. is it pink and oily like atf or powersteering fluid or pink and watery like coolant

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
hi
i was driving home when i hit a gay ass ramp, my car is lowered, and while driving home i realize my car is making a lot of smokes and when i got out to check whats wrong, i see hella pink fluid leaking but i cant tell where the leak is.

does anyone know whats wrong with it?

thanks
yea but how come it leak?
and is it very serious? :eek:.. any way to plug it?
yea i kinda figure it was atf

how much do you think it would be to fix a leak like this? just a estimate, cuz i am pretty sure something is broken
did you read any bodies replies??? is there a reason why you are ignoring the people trying to help you???
i am sorry if you are sincerely clueless of what to do so i'll make it very simple and obvious for you.

1) bring it to a mechanic
2)
Only way to know is to find the leak and solve it.

It could be the radiator cooler (bottom 2 skinny hoses that come out of the radiator is the cooler)

Or maybe you cracked the transmission housing

find the leak. wipe EVERYTHING down and see where it forms.
and report back. end of story, if you dont do one of the two then don't bother asking what to do about you potentially MAJOR problem. thank you.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i will check tm
-_- shoulda went with a 5spd swap..but i just had to have my auto tranmission rebuild

yea the fluid was pink and oily..having a hard time cleaning..but it sure made my engine bay a lot cleaner lol

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
:x oh sorry, i was going to check it, i just wanna make sure i know what i am doing
so i dont break something else
yea i know i just wanted to get the main point across.
in my honest opinion, i would reframe from driving your car. if your car is in deed leaking atf then your tranny wont last very long missing fluids

·
The Australian
5,058 Posts
yea i know i just wanted to get the main point across.
in my honest opinion, i would reframe from driving your car. if your car is in deed leaking atf then your tranny wont last very long missing fluids
since futr isn't around

"refrain" homie ;)

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts