Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up guys, I finally found a wings west lip kit and I need to paint it. Problem is that my car is like a faded pearl white. I have to idea how to match that color to my lip. So do I just paint it and try to get it as close to possible or what? Thanks guy
P.s Painting the entire car is not an option

·
'01 Milano Red - BB615
982 Posts
Go get it professionally painted then. If you don't know how to paint match, then you shouldn't try to do it yourself.

·
Opinionated Bastard
7,258 Posts
Go get it professionally painted then. If you don't know how to paint match, then you shouldn't try to do it yourself.
Exactly this.

Unless you've got some extensive painting experience (and I mean proper painting experience, not just with a rattle can or a brush), take it to the pros. It shouldn't cost you a heck of a lot to have them shoot the pieces individually.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I've seen some vids on youtube, mightycarmods comes to mind for a decent looking rattle can job if your very patient. might be worth a look if your so inclined, but of course nothing is going to top a pro paint job.

I'd rather watch grass grow than paint anything, so I'd call a few body shops.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Pearl white wont have faded. The lacquer is probably oxidized.
As above take it to a pro. I'm a painted and mine is pearl white. I know too well that it's quite a task.

·
RHD Pimpin
10,152 Posts
If you want to paint it yourself, be sure to do all the right prepping steps. Plenty of videos and diy links now days to simply search through

1 - 7 of 7 Posts