17/7.0
off set +44
the tires are 225/45/17
Is that all going to work?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im not thinking volks suck! I rather love them. but thanks you responded super fast! Im going for them tomorrow morning!

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
I dunno...that offset might be a little too low. Compared to stock, your new wheels will stick out 17mm more, but you'll gain 5mm clearance on the inside of the wheel.

·
Future S2000 Owner
4,419 Posts
I think your tires may be too big. I just got 17x7.5's with 215/40/17's. I did the math on it and my new setup is 10mm larger in overall diameter than my oem setup was. With 225/45 on 17's you might be getting some rubbing. This is if you are lowered.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Yeah, the overall diameter is definitely too big, I thought you were asking about the offset in which 44mm might not be the best choice.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
fuck! I went ahead and did it... bad choice? well I guess I can sell them again if I dont like it and it rubs. I am lowered 1.5 and if it is only a tire issue I can chage them and if I still dont like how they will fit I can sell them. I thought I would let you guys know what I got.
Volk GT-P's they have 2k miles on them. I found them on club rsx for 1450. the guy excepted my offer of 1350 shipped. they have toyo approx. tire and are silver

·
Registered
222 Posts
My car is lowered 1.5 inches with 42mm offset and a 17x7 running 215-40-17 and they do not rub. If that is any peace of mind?

·
2ludes 1s2000
10,675 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hprelude5R said:
What's up with all the suspension/can I lower with this setup questions lately?

I think I've seen like 4 or 5 in the past week alone.
I have been asking questions lately because this is a forum and I want to do my car "right" from the begining and we all have the same cars so it is easy that way to ask and see what works and what doesnt.
And im not sure if its just my feeling but you seem to be an ass to me. I dont know what you have against me and I had respect for you in the begining but you are a ass. Im not trying to be disrespectful or anything like that but WOW. nothing I have posted lately that you have commented on has been postive. Sorry this is just a peice of mind!

·
2ludes 1s2000
10,675 Posts
mugen-whore said:
I have been asking questions lately because this is a forum and I want to do my car "right" from the begining and we all have the same cars so it is easy that way to ask and see what works and what doesnt.
And im not sure if its just my feeling but you seem to be an ass to me. I dont know what you have against me and I had respect for you in the begining but you are a ass. Im not trying to be disrespectful or anything like that but WOW. nothing I have posted lately that you have commented on has been postive. Sorry this is just a peice of mind!
I'm an ass?

Feel free to clue me in on that one.

B/c I stated the fact that we've had about a half dozen threads on suspension/wheel/tire threads in the 5th gen forum this week?

So how does that make me an ass again?

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
2ludes 1s2000
10,675 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hprelude5R said:
I'm an ass?

Feel free to clue me in on that one.

B/c I stated the fact that we've had about a half dozen threads on suspension/wheel/tire threads in the 5th gen forum this week?

So how does that make me an ass again?
sorry I thought you were singling me out on that one. I have a feeling every so often that you are rude towards me on here. gut feeling sorry. I dont try to cross you or piss you off but it seems to come often

·
Registered
8,281 Posts
mugen-whore... i can see where you're coming from. but.. i've had people get pissed at me before because they thought i was "after" them or something.. when really i had no clue that i was responding to them. i see a post.. i respond. i don't necessarily see who is posting it. so with that said, i highly doubt hp5r is deliberately trying to piss you off when posting in your threads. hope that helps :)

as for the wheels.. the tires are too big. you'll need to sell them and get a 215/40/17. the 45 makes for too big of a sidewall.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yes I understand now that hp5r wasnt trying to be an ass towards me and now I feel like an ass for being rude, so sorry hp5r. I read the post wrong and well yeah you see how i took it. ha now look whos the ass.... ^_^

·
2ludes 1s2000
10,675 Posts
mugen-whore said:
yes I understand now that hp5r wasnt trying to be an ass towards me and now I feel like an ass for being rude, so sorry hp5r. I read the post wrong and well yeah you see how i took it. ha now look whos the ass.... ^_^
:smilejap:

Harland's right. In many cases we don't get to chime in on a post until it's already 4-5 pages long, and often times we just throw out general comments.

As far as 215/40/17's go, I also agree that they are an ideal size to get. Just as wide as your average 18 inchers, but with MUCH more wheel protection in the side wall.

Check my thread in the OT SHOWROOM section. My blue 5th gen has 215/40/17's lowered BIG TIME on coils. Good performance, good cost, good protection.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

1 - 19 of 19 Posts