Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I am having the head job from hell on my B20A5.... :jehon: Premature belt breaking at 60K, front main seal was bad and the timing belt gear for the crank was rusted onto the crankshaft! :wzbigcry:

I had looked closely at the gear and it looked like the key was sheared off because it was not machined flat and had a lip on one side. :tongue: I ended up buying some bar stock the right size to make a shear pin for the harmonic balancer. This is why I should never procrastinate and leave the car apart for a month.

·
Registered
301 Posts
So I am having the head job from hell on my B20A5.... :jehon: Premature belt breaking at 60K, front main seal was bad and the timing belt gear for the crank was rusted onto the crankshaft! :wzbigcry:

I had looked closely at the gear and it looked like the key was sheared off because it was not machined flat and had a lip on one side. :tongue: I ended up buying some bar stock the right size to make a shear pin for the harmonic balancer. This is why I should never procrastinate and leave the car apart for a month.
I'm confused about exactly what you need help with. It looks like you figured out whatever the issue was?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts