Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
ROKSTARR
2,271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i had my tires rotated at les schwab and they said my cv axel is shot, the boot isnt on anymore, there is no grease and pretty much needs to be replaced. Does anyone have a good one laying around for cheap, or know were one can be bought new for cheap??

·
Registered
281 Posts
Your local auto retail places (i.e. NAPA, Autozone, Advance, O'Reilly's) all should carry cv axles for you. Believe it or not, CV axles aren't that expensive. Granted, German and Italian cars are always pricey on parts.

Point being, look around your local retailers. I would be willing to bet you can pick up a new axle for under $80.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Oh yeah, that's the best part about getting them from your local retail places, they come with a warranty. That means, if you fuck it up on install, if you ever get enough power to break one, or if it just takes a shit on you one day, they will replace it. I love free.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Maybe U-Pull-it-a-Part? They probably won't let you buy one off such an old car. That's what they told me.. Assholes.. But I ended up buying some from a local place selling remanufacutred ones.80 each, 35 back with a non broken core. Good deal, good part.
Posted via Mobile

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Maybe U-Pull-it-a-Part? They probably won't let you buy one off such an old car. That's what they told me.. Assholes.. But I ended up buying some from a local place selling remanufacutred ones.80 each, 35 back with a non broken core. Good deal, good part.
Posted via Mobile
why wouldnt they let you pull a part off an old car?
as far as i know, the only rules are you cant take apart an engine, you have to buy it as a whole.
but since theyre only like 150, who cares?

·
Premium Member
448 Posts
I've got an axle you can get for cheap... pm me with an offer and we'll work something out :)

·
Premium Member
9,140 Posts
Good choice. Buying a new/rebuilt axle is the best solution. I went through 3 driver's side junkyard axles before I gave in and bought a rebuilt unit from NAPA for $52. My passenger side axle is starting to make noise now, so I'll be replacing that as soon as the temp gets above freezing around here.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts