Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday 6/31 left work and noticed my speedometer and odometer didnt work, i figured NBD, it must be the speed sensor, ill replace it when i get the chance. This morning 7/1 I get in my car, and to no surprise, no speedometer. BUT, i get about 10 miles down the road and my tachometer starts going nuts and goes completely out, my headlights dim and go in and out (never coming back to full brightness), radio starts cutting in and out, passenger side dome light is dimly flickering, check engine light turns off (codes were for O2 sensor and non-existent CAT) and windows roll up and down EXTREMELY slow. I finally get to work and turn the car off, I try to start it again and the motor turns and seems like it had spark, but didn't start.

I did recently (2 months ago) change my alternator. When I get off of work my first steps will be to tighten all connections on the alternator and battery terminals and see if it will take a jump start. My initial thoughts are that I don't have a good connection on my alternator and it wasn't charging my battery (less than a year old). anyone have any other thoughts on what this could possibly be? THANKS!!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So I did find that the connector on the alternator wouldn't "snap" in. I went to a junkyard and got a connector in good condition and spliced it in. then I used a voltmeter on the alternator (that I JUST replaced) and found that the alternator was only putting out 8.4 volts... SOOO that's my problem for sure. I am getting a warranty swap from RockAuto now. Hopefully that was my only electrical issue.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts