Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just disassembled our carbs during the engine rebuild and when putting them back together, they really bind the throttle tension so that it won't return to idle. I've tightened the mount bolts in the pattern recommended by the Honda service manual and dismantled it and done it again several times but it still binds. Any tricks or tips would be appreciated.

·
Registered
326 Posts
What exactly did you disassemble? Unless you physically removed the throttle linkage/springs I don't see how taking the carb off the intake/engine would mess up with the tension. Are you sure the throttle cable bracket isn't bent out of shape or something?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What exactly did you disassemble? Unless you physically removed the throttle linkage/springs I don't see how taking the carb off the intake/engine would mess up with the tension. Are you sure the throttle cable bracket isn't bent out of shape or something?
The carbs had been removed from both brackets and detached from each other.

The carbs were disassembled, not just removed. Nothing is bent, everything looks right, it only happens when the 8 or 9 1" screws are tightened into the 2 support brackets that the throttle seems to bind and won't return to closed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts