Honda Prelude Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 99 prelude sh and i want to rebuild the block to go max in boost...there is no point in only going with 5-10 lbs of boost on a stock block so i wanna rebuild my block and go massive power so i need help on how and wut to rebuild and in order...thanks

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
i have a 99 prelude sh and i want to rebuild the block to go max in boost...there is no point in only going with 5-10 lbs of boost on a stock block so i wanna rebuild my block and go massive power so i need help on how and wut to rebuild and in order...thanks
need time, need money, need patience and definitely research the sh!t out of the build. Please build something that suits ya goals and do not build it to other peoples standards.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
What are your power goals. Make sure you get your block done with an engine builder that you already know does good work, either by word of mouth, or what you have seen. And make sure it doesn't take him 6 months to do a motor lol.

First off you have the open deck H22. I would recommend re-sleeving since you are probably wanting over 400whp, and getting some sort of block guard done as well. You can stick with the stock crank, but it will need to get polished. I would do a new oil pump (maybe even get that worked on), timing belt, water pump. New bearings. Pistons, rings, and rods can come down to personal preference, and there are many to look at.

The head will need new valve seals, but it can pretty much remain stock, unless you are wanting to do more work there. Head work will allow for more power, but at the same time can help with more flow allowing you to spool up larger turbo's a bit sooner, and maintain more flow at the higher rpms. The cams can stay stock as well, but cam gears will allow for some finer tuning and more power.

The compression will also depend on the power you make. I wouldn't bother going any lower then 9:1, and any higher then 10:1. The higher you go the more power you can make, and will allow you to spool larger turbos even sooner, but you run the risk of needed to use race gas based on the possiblity of pinging/detonating.

Remember the more aggressive you go, the less reliable things will be in the long run. IE running 10:6+ compression, with insane head work, and very aggressive cams will result in a not so friendly street car. It can be done, but I don't recommend it.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
good little outline there. i would turbo your car first with a stock block honestly. there are plunty of turbo h22s at 10psi and they run fine. i didnt think it would be enough power and it wasnt the "cool" thing to do but who cares. im happy with my power on a stock block, with a good tune your set. if you plan to build everything all at once hope you have 10k laying around

·
Registered
332 Posts
What is with all these noobs wanting power power power and doing no research whatsoever. Did you read the threads stickied in this forum?

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
What is with all these noobs wanting power power power and doing no research whatsoever. Did you read the threads stickied in this forum?
i just lol'ed

1 - 11 of 11 Posts