Honda Prelude Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i got a idle issue with my car. I got into it this morning to go to school and when i started it the idle would fluctuate between 1K-2.5K
I wasn't sure what was wrong with it because it couldn't be cold because i keep my car in a heated garage when i'm not driving it (unless I'm out) but i decided to drive it anyways. Well when i was driving i would keep constant pressure on the accelerator but the car would lurch forward and then rpms would still be fluctuating. Once the car heated up everything would turn back to normal? So i have no clue what is wrong with it.

So here are some issues that have came across my mind:
Spark plug wires (cap/rotor and spark plugs were replaced in April 08)
Fuel pump
Fuel filter??? :S

I'm not really sure whats wrong so can you guys help me out with this one?

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
i dont think its any of the things u listed. check to make sure ur tps and iacv are plugged in all the way....reset the ecu. ummmm bleed coolant maybe. there is one thing that i cant think of.....

search surging idle and u will find like 10 million threads so everything will be in there.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Alright. Thanks man i'll be sure to check it out.. Hate seeing the lude in pain. :(

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry, Tried searching but couldn't find anything that related to my problem.

·
I Miss My BB2 :'(
3,589 Posts
Sorry, Tried searching but couldn't find anything that related to my problem.
its kool. i like to give people a hard time about not searching cuz thats what they did to me when i was a newb. lol

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
its kool. i like to give people a hard time about not searching cuz thats what they did to me when i was a newb. lol
Trust me i'm not new to forums, I've been around this forum long enough to know that haha. I just dont post often.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts